By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Adam Sessler continues to praise Resistance 3

Tagged games:

axumblade said:
I'm glad to see Resistance 3 is getting so much positive responses. While it's score isn't that far off from Resistance 2's score, it seems people enjoy 3 more than 2. I remember hearing nothing but "generic" as a description for 2, so I'm glad this isn't so much the case with this game.

in many ways it's the antithesis to #2.  Resistance 2 had regenerating health, limited carrying capacity, huge set-piece based action, and a huge focus on multiplayer, whereas Resistance 3 has a weapons wheel allowing you to carry all 12 weapons at once, a health bar, and focuses more on the singleplayer campaign which is a lot more toned down and atmospheric compared to the second one. 

If you didn't care for the second one, this is practically the opposite.  

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/39894/resistance-3/

I know my review isn't god's word, but that's how I saw it.  Adam Sessler is, in this case, Dead on correct about this game. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
wilco said:
So Adam Sessler is the most trusted voice in gaming now?? I bet you all weren't saying that when he gave fable 2 game of the year in 08.

Adam Sessler is hit or miss for me but hes atleast better than morgan webb. That chick doesn't like anything thats not an mmo.

EVERYONE is hit or miss, hit when they agree with you, miss when they disagree, that's how it works...surely you know this.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
wilco said:
So Adam Sessler is the most trusted voice in gaming now?? I bet you all weren't saying that when he gave fable 2 game of the year in 08.

Adam Sessler is hit or miss for me but hes atleast better than morgan webb. That chick doesn't like anything thats not an mmo.

EVERYONE is hit or miss, hit when they agree with you, miss when they disagree, that's how it works...surely you know this.

the only reason i posted this is because a vgc member made a thread and said he didn't like it, and users posting in that thread were getting disapointed. 

i wanted those members to remember that every reveiw is different. 13m pepole like halo but i don't, Gameinformer dosn't like R3 7/10, but VGC does.

one vgc user made a thread about how much he disliked, another made a thread about adam sessler praising the game and everybody that has play'd the game posting in that thread loves the game. 

long story short majority rules lol.

Resistance 3 was really good through chapter 8. Then the rest was boring in my opinion. I stop playing at chapter 18 very disappointed. I give it a 7/10. That is based off single player of course. A person like me with Halo has no need to even try the multiplayer.

SinZinDetta said:

Resistance 3 was really good through chapter 8. Then the rest was boring in my opinion. I stop playing at chapter 18 very disappointed. I give it a 7/10. That is based off single player of course. A person like me with Halo has no need to even try the multiplayer.

but you should play the multiplayer? everything deserves a chance. at the lest one round.

Around the Network

7/10 is "dissappointing" these days?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
7/10 is "dissappointing" these days?

agreed, but i think its time that we started playing games unless theres really big gameplay interfernce problems

I think Resistance 3 is a excellent game. I'm enjoying it alot. R2 was a disaster in my opinion. I felt like playing Halo or any generic shooters in R2. Like RNA216 says "Resistance 2 had regenerating health, limited carrying capacity, huge set-piece based action, and a huge focus on multiplayer...If you didn't care for the second one, this is practically the opposite."

R3 is giving me back the fun i had playing R:FOM + a Ratchet Flavour (Tons of guns available all the time, cool weapons upgraded and intense action.). It's pure fun and I totally agree with Sessler.

I still Love Killzone 3 for different reason but playing R3 is a breath of fresh air.

They should have done that with R2.

P.S : I'm not trolling Halo...I finshed all of them and most on Legendary...there good but in my opinion there is something special about Resistance and others insomniac games.

just bought the game yesterday, will play it very soon.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

All this is making me really excited to get the game, and I will soon.