By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More Rumors: Crysis coming to the 360 this fall?

So you found evidence on xbox360fanboy.com that Crysis is coming to the 360? Congratulations, find of the century!

Around the Network

This is feasible, but I question if it would be worthwhile for 360 owners to bother.

I have it for PC and it is a pretty sweet game. But what makes it stand out is its amazing game physics and graphics. If these graphical capabilities were taken out, I question how good the game really is. I think it then becomes an above average shooter.

IGN AU's review of it best exemplifies this. They give it an 8.3 (8.4?) because the vast majority of people would not be able to experience the game in all its glory.

zackblue said:
@Neos

Dont underestimate the power of these consoles.

Don't overestimate 2 year old graphic technology (goes for both the 360 and PS3).

If they port Crysis to the 360 it will be done like most other games, run at a lower resolution and upscaled.  It will look good but not nearly as good as the PC version . . . of course, to run it at a good resolution on the PC with the graphic settings on the high end you need hardware that is a little pricey.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

ssj12 said:
if they port crysis it would be the very low settings of the game.

Fixed.

This sounds feasible. They said the same thing about Half Life 2 and Doom 3 when the games first came out, especially Doom 3, that if you wanted to play the game, you definitely would have to look for an upgrade. Yet both those games were ported to the original Xbox. Especially the Doom 3 port was actually pretty damn good. (Half Life on the other hand pissed me off actually)

Not to mention, we all know Crytek likes to port its games anyway (look at how many friggin ports there are of FarCry, theres like 2 or 3 for original Xbox, and isnt there one for the Wii?)

Also, apparently the sales for the game on PC havent been that horribly great (probably due to the amount of hardware you need to get to play it in its full glory) so porting it for them may actually be a good idea, it opens up another route for them to make money off the game.

Around the Network

Weren't Crytek advertising for someone who had experience with the PS3? Anyway, this will probably be a cut down version, worse graphics (much better for me though) they might have to change the structure a bit, but according to all the PC gamers it is better than CoD by a mile, so I hope it does come to the PS3

Everyone keeps saying they would have to reduce to very low settings, but i bet it actually wont be that bad if they ported it to the x360 or PS3. Some of the games that have been coming out lately for the systems have been lookng pretty good, even compared to the PC versions (like CoD, though not as graphically as good looking as Crysis, still is a great looking game on the consoles.)

Goodie. A port of a game that virtually no PC can play without upgrading it, and a lackluster shooter packed into one, gets ported onto the 360 without the mind-blowing graphics it has when ran on supercomputers, but still with the mind-numblingly inane gameplay but now with XBOX Live! Hooray

/end sarcasm

prlatino86 said:
Everyone keeps saying they would have to reduce to very low settings, but i bet it actually wont be that bad if they ported it to the x360 or PS3. Some of the games that have been coming out lately for the systems have been lookng pretty good, even compared to the PC versions (like CoD, though not as graphically as good looking as Crysis, still is a great looking game on the consoles.)

Oh, they look good.  I don't mind the games that are running at lower resolutions and are upscaled.  I'm sure Crysis will look good also on either the PS3 or 360.  They don't reduce the graphic quality much, they just reduce the resolution.  Crysis won't be quite the same though, that game is making bitches out of PCs that people thought were fast before.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
prlatino86 said:

Oh, they look good. I don't mind the games that are running at lower resolutions and are upscaled. I'm sure Crysis will look good also on either the PS3 or 360. They don't reduce the graphic quality much, they just reduce the resolution. Crysis won't be quite the same though, that game is making bitches out of PCs that people thought were fast before.

Yeah, but like i said in another post, that was the same when Doom 3 came out.  I remember back then i was a very big PC gamer, barely played on consoles, always upgrading a part or 2 at least every couple of months, if not more for my computer.  Never had a problem with any games coming out, always matched or exceeded the recommended requirement of any new game coming out at the time.  When Doom 3 came out, my computer barely met the minimum requirements, i was like "what the hell?!?".  But eventually that game was ported over to the original Xbox, and from what i heard, it was actually a pretty good port, even adding co op i think. 

I think its possible to do a fairly decent port of Crysis to consoles.  One thing people have to remember is that the requirements to run a game on a PC would actually be higher then having to run them on a console for the main reason is that a console is a dedicated system (mostly) while a PC has to eat up some of the resources for the OS (hence the reason some new games have higher requirements if your running Vista compared to XP, cuz as we know, Vista is a resource hog from hell) and anything else that may be running to keep the game running.