By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

Yup, thats right.. most people could see that coming but NOT Sony fanboys. Here you go folks, the final blow:

Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

The FFXIII project, Fabula Nove Crystallis, currently consists of two PS3s games and a mobile one, but with a planned six titles in total, Square Enix's Motomu Toriyama has confirmed that other formats will be getting FFXIII games.

Which do you think is more likely, a DS or Wii version?

Around the Network

Nothing new there , was only meant to be three ps3 games on FFXIII theme , the main game is still ps3 exclusive im afraid i havent bought any of the side games from SE sadly .

Maybe you shuld take a cold shower and calm down lol

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

jmcoo7 said:

Nothing new there , was only meant to be three ps3 games on FFXIII theme , the main game is still ps3 exclusive im afraid i havent bought any of the side games from SE sadly .

Calm down? I would NEVER buy a FF again even on Wii just because of this AWFUL new battle system. I just stated a fact. And sorry, it IS news. We didn't knew that they were gonna release other spin-offs on other platforms. I see a Wii one, a PSP, and a DS one (or a PS2)

This isn't news at all (to me anyway) - this was announced months back when they talked about the Fabula Nove Crystallis project

The only real question is whether FFXIII (& versus) will remain PS3 exclusive - or whether they will make their way to the 360. And whether the 360 will get its own exclusive game.

Based on 6 titles - I imagine the PS3 will get 2, DS 2, Wii / PSP one each - and not sure about the last (maybe everything, maybe 360, maybe DS or even Wii).

EDIT: Can't see the PS2 getting any - that wouldn't make much sense to me... but I suppose its possible. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

gamingdevil said:
jmcoo7 said:

Calm down? I would NEVER buy a FF again even on Wii just because of this AWFUL new battle system. I just stated a fact. And sorry, it IS news. We didn't knew that they were gonna release other spin-offs on other platforms. I see a Wii one, a PSP, and a DS one (or a PS2)

I have a ps3 and a Wii i will not be buying any FF games on the Wii plain and simple it isnt up to the job , would maybe consider buying a remake of FFVii on it but i expect that will go to the ps3 . Ah well it may be news but hardly big news just my opinion , if however the main game was to change , which i doubt , that would be BIG news .

Gamer till I die

Around the Network

So the main game is still PS3 exclusive.

Honestly, SE is spreading FF too thin. Remakes and sequels and side-games... Coming out faster than Tales Of games...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Yeah i think they weill gradually ruin it , sales will slip and slip in the main games and the other games wont make up for it .

Gamer till I die

I knew it. I knew it. It begins.

Now with that being said, get ready for this:

Controversy!! Metal Gear Solid 4 will NOT go to the Playstation3

http://www.popzart.com/?page=view&topic=267

It's a loooooooooooong time before here and the end of the year. Things CHANGE quickly in this biz.

Money Talks and "Brown Stuff" Walks. Always has, always will.

I know I put up that link a lot when talking about developments like these but I'm preparing people for the inevitable. You have to look at history and recognize the parallels. Sony has really made some bad moves in the execution of this project and the results are going to show over the lifespan of the system.

I wish it wasn't this way but they're gonna have to do something before it's too late if that hasn't already passed. The market may be expanding but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going Sony's way.

The writing was on the wall with November 2006's WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 skipping the PS3 for PS2, PSP, and breaking exclusivity for first time to go to 7th gen counterpart the XBox 360 last year. It was then and there that I knew smoke led to a fire. I used to be a wrestling fan, what can I say?

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

MGS4 is confirmed PS3 exclusive.

Read you article , sadly i just dont buy it one of MGS biggest markets is in Europe and im afraid the xbox 360 there is done for except here in the uk were its holding on just . The European market i expect this to become the worlds largest by far in due course and Sony and Nintendo look set already , game over .

Gamer till I die