By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Fantasy Q4 Sales Game 2011 - Prediction Game (and the winner is...)

Damn it machina! I wanted Wii Party :@

NBA 2k12 (PS3) it is then!

Edit: Damn it Micheal-5!!! You stole wii party from me last year!!! Now you're stealing NBA :P

I'll think about this for a bit -.-

Modernwarfare 3 Wii.... I might change this though. When is my deadline?

Around the Network

Edited this post to make it my draft post.

Round 1: Skyrim (360)

Round 2: Wii Fit Plus (Wii)

Round 3: Dance Central 2 (360)

Round 4: Kirby Mass Attack (DS)

Bonus Game: Just Dance 3 (360)

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
Since Witcher 2 is delayed to 2012, I asked to change my game to Rayman Origins (360).

However after thinking a bit, I want to switch to NBA 2K12 (PS3)

*Joker laugh* I got the 360 version!

But it was delayed. I'm just annoyed I didn't notice, I could have picked Just Dance 3 for 360.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I'd like to play, if at all possible.

Round 1: FIFA 12 (360)

Round 2: Wii Fit Plus (Wii)

Round 3: Final Fantasy Type 0 (PSP)

Round 4: LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)

Bonus Game: Kinect Disneyland Adventures (360)

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:

Bonus Game: NBA 2K12 (PS3)

Thanks for joining!

Michael-5 had already claimed NBA 2K12 (PS3), but I had not updated the list of games taken yet, so you need to choose another bonus game. The list in the 3rd post is updated now so any game not listed there is available.

Around the Network

It's going to be harder this year because you are limited to 40 games. Are you going to record every games sales weekly and calculate the difference yourself? If you do, I suggest limiting it to 12 players, or asking someone else to track a few titles too.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

09tarheel said:
themanwithnoname said:

Bonus Game: NBA 2K12 (PS3)

Thanks for joining!

Michael-5 had already claimed NBA 2K12 (PS3), but I had not updated the list of games taken yet, so you need to choose another bonus game. The list in the 3rd post is updated now so any game not listed there is available.

Alright. I'll think I'll go with Kinect DisneyLand Adventures (360) then.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Michael-5 said:
It's going to be harder this year because you are limited to 40 games. Are you going to record every games sales weekly and calculate the difference yourself? If you do, I suggest limiting it to 12 players, or asking someone else to track a few titles too.

Yeah it is a little trickier. I am not planning on calculating the difference myself because that would just be too time consuming. I've tried to design the game a little bit differently this year for it to work better with less data. There are only 4 tiers of games this year instead of 6, and the free agent pool was added so people wouldn't have to be stuck with a title that gets them 0 for the whole game.

I added this to the OP now as well, but in order for the game to be counted it will either have to be in the WW top 40, or if it shows up in any of the regional top 40 charts then the sales for that region will be counted. If it doesn't show up in either place it counts as 0.

09tarheel said:
Michael-5 said:

Yeah it is a little trickier. I am not planning on calculating the difference myself because that would just be too time consuming. I've tried to design the game a little bit differently this year for it to work better with less data. There are only 4 tiers of games this year instead of 6, and the free agent pool was added so people wouldn't have to be stuck with a title that gets them 0 for the whole game.

I added this to the OP now as well, but in order for the game to be counted it will either have to be in the WW top 40, or if it shows up in any of the regional top 40 charts then the sales for that region will be counted. If it doesn't show up in either place it counts as 0.

Well that would make a lot of zeros. I don't mind helping calculate the difference between some games. Maybe if we get enough volunteers, we could still do this.

Michael-5 said:
09tarheel said:
Michael-5 said:

Well that would make a lot of zeros. I don't mind helping calculate the difference between some games. Maybe if we get enough volunteers, we could still do this.

After looking at it a bit more you are right. There is basically no chance that more than a couple of the games in round 4 make it into the top 40 in any region. So, I'm going to change the rule for round 4 games and I will keep up with the weekly sales of those titles manually which shouldn't take too long. For the other games (round 1-3 and bonus games) I'm going to stick to my original rules about it being in the WW top 40 or regional top 40. I think there are enough games in each of those rounds that should chart, that the number of 0s should be similar to last year.