By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can it be argued that God is a female?

I don't see why it can't be a hermaphrodite either.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Bible:

"So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them."

God is a hermaphrodite. Mankind was made in his image... They were male *and* female.

We aren't all sandwiches so no.....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

scottie said:
The Christian God, as described in the bible, is most definitely a male

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

Unfortunately, I suspect you will find quotes using the word 'he' in the texts of all major religions. The reason for this is that when the religions were created, it was completely alien to think of a female in such a position of power. Even the greeks and romans, the female gods were the unimportant ones. Any religions we create now, and in the next few hundred years may well have female deities.

Well, in Basque mithology (coz I'm Basque) our main god was Mari, the goddess of nature. In our society women had a predominant role also. I believe in ancient Japan, before Buddhism, the main god was also woman.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Maybe he was an alien, like Taylor Swift

Around the Network
superchunk said:
God does not have a sex. God does not have a physical form as we define it. God simply is and is all.

Seems stupid to assume a omnipresent God that created all is limited by anything.

So because you're a persona and your limited you are assuming that God can't be a person and unlimited!?

Seems to me that you are the one with poor arguments.

demonfox13 said:
In this thread the moment you mention the Mormon bible or any protestant bible for that matter you will have absolutely failed because legitimacy can only be cited if you can find a scripture that predates the previously mentioned ones when it comes to God of the monotheistic religions.

There are monotheistic scriptures much older than the Bible so your point falls flat. Also, WHY should it be considered more legitimate simply because its older? Not all philosophies think of time as linear as in Western Theology. In the East the Universe is considered to always exist (there are cycles of creation and destruction), so you are implicitly falling in line with the former.

TheEvilBanana said:
Bible:

"So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them."

God is a hermaphrodite. Mankind was made in his image... They were male *and* female.

You realise Bible wasn't written in Eglish right ?

We would need some language experts to know if that part of bible was written in language that distinguishes beetween his/her.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Logically God is without gender / sex characteristics.

Option a) God does not exist: what does not exist can have no gender / sex characteristics.

Option b) God Exists: God is the Creator, but God has no partner in creation. Hence God did not create via any intercourse between "him"self and a counterpart/complimentary other. Thus God has no need of gender identification to play a particular gender role; and God has no need of sex characteristics with which to engage in procreative activity; and God has no partner peer or equal with whom to engage in sexual activity for pleasure. God is both father and mother. Let's assume that the one claim for God engaging directly in procreation is true: God got Mary pregnant. However God did it by asexual means: Mary was a virgin before, during and (at least for a little while) after her pregnancy with Jesus. Thus God did not impregnate Mary by conventional sexual means but rather by miraculous means. A God who can make a woman pregnant need not be male or have any form of gender identification. So the one case to be made for God to be male doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny. There are no other instances in monotheistic religion of God playing any other procreative role with another person male or female so there's no evidence for God needing to be or directly revealing "Him"self to have a specific gender idenfication.

Simple really.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Seece said:
Maybe he was an alien, like Taylor Swift

Whatever happened to her anyway? I remember when not a day went by without a Taylor Swift thread in Off Topic, but now i never hear of her at all...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.