By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just got Uncharted

Which chapter are you two playing ATM ?

Around the Network
Videogirl said:

I think I'm on five or six. I crashed landed on the island awhile back and then made my way up toward the parachute on the hill after getting the map out of the plane again. Not sure exactly where that is in the game.

BTW, how many chapters are there total?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@Videogirl:

SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY:

I just finished the part on the jetski and me and Elena are trying to get to the dock.

rocketpig said:
Videogirl said:

I think I'm on five or six. I crashed landed on the island awhile back and then made my way up toward the parachute on the hill after getting the map out of the plane again. Not sure exactly where that is in the game.

BTW, how many chapters are there total?

22 chapters

Cool. It should come in at a decent length then.

Around the Network

I'm interested to see what sort of implementation they make this game have with home as far as the treasures found, etc. So don't delete your "saved" data when done. Supposeably it will have trophies, "accomplishments" etc., lol, if Home ever releases!

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

rocketpig said:

I hate it because it's superfluous. There's no reason for it and it jars me out of what I was doing with the analog sticks. While the grenades aren't quite as bad, they still bug me. I really don't want to stop and worry about my controller position in the middle of a firefight when it's far more effective to just slap the right analog up to get the desired effect.

I need to check to see if I can turn them off but I want to see if there are other implementations later in the game that don't bother me quite as much.

So far in the PS3 world, Heavenly Sword is the only game where I thought the motion controls were well done. Every other game I have played with motion controls felt as if they were tacked on because the Sixaxis had that feature, not because they added to gameplay.

\rant 
My current opinion is that motion controls are one of the worst features of the PS3.  I have nothing but unreserved loathing for what developers have included in PS3 games to take advantage of this "Next Gen Feature".  For every halfway decent implementation like Heavenly Sword, there are several games with motion controls tacked onto them like an extra fake breast surgically attached to Jessica Alba's neck.  I'm not saying motion control is the devil, I'm just saying that it is really detracting from the gameplay of many PS3 games.
Take Folklore.  I like Folklore.  It had a good story and decent gameplay for the most part.  The process needed to rip Ids from many larger folk, however, amounts to a minigame that rips you out of the action of the game.  I still liked the game, overall, but the motion controls did more to annoy me than anything else.
I was ok with the steering of the dragons in Lair until they did the same thing and tacked on those stupid fucking motion control minigames.  The only time I want to make jerk off motions with my hand for long periods of time is when I am actually jerking off.
Thankfully in Ratchet and Clank, they kept the motion controls to a minimum.
The Wii took the motion control idea and ran with it.  They designed everything around it and it works great and makes the system something truely different and entertaining.  On the PS3, it is like an extra steering wheel to control the back wheels on a car.  Maybe something cool can be done with it, but most of the time its just flat fucking useless.
/rant

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

rocketpig said:
Munkeh111 said:
Am I the only person who thought the implementation of motion sensing was good?

I hate it because it's superfluous. There's no reason for it and it jars me out of what I was doing with the analog sticks. While the grenades aren't quite as bad, they still bug me. I really don't want to stop and worry about my controller position in the middle of a firefight when it's far more effective to just slap the right analog up to get the desired effect.

I need to check to see if I can turn them off but I want to see if there are other implementations later in the game that don't bother me quite as much.

So far in the PS3 world, Heavenly Sword is the only game where I thought the motion controls were well done. Every other game I have played with motion controls felt as if they were tacked on because the Sixaxis had that feature, not because they added to gameplay.

I agree that it is superfluous, but it does add a tiny bit in my opinion. As said elsewhere, ratchet was really good, and it made those little miny games quite challenging and interesting. As far as I can remember, you walk across no more logs, so grenade aiming is the only thing that you have to worry about.

Concerning length, the length of chapters decreases, and I think there are 23. I thought it slightly too short, but it's length was fitting considering how story driven it was, and if it was extended, the story would have got worse and a bit dull, all their cards had been played by the end.

Update us when you finish, I would like to hear your impressions of the latter parts of the game, which I personally did not like as much

Ah, see I haven't played R&C yet. It's next on the list after Uncharted. It's another game that I'm looking forward to playing. My friend got a ways into it and said it's a pretty good game.

This game is cool. I actually tried to see how far I could go by swimming instead of getting on the jetski.