By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the current stereotype of British people?

maximus22 said:
chris.m95 said:
maximus22 said:
chris.m95 said:
maximus22 said:
chris.m95 said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Unfunny, kind of smelly, jealous of the US, always up for a good riot, and pale!

im from the UK and theres no way were jealous of America! its actually the other way round we are pretty glad not to be american

Out of that list you took offense to being jealous of the US?

Yes. Its the old american we are better than you and you are jealous of us caus u suck attitude which, may i point out is bullsh**

Brother, no offense intended, but the Brits (Englishmen especially) invented and perfected the "better than you" attitude.  We're just trying to keep up.   I'll grant you Americans are very arrogant; however, the last people who should condemn us for that, are the British.

Noted (i am english) and i do admit that in the past we have been very arrogant especially withe the empire and all but nowadays we arent like that in fact we didnt big ourselves up in the war even though we completed the whole thing whereas america (granted you saved our asses) came in at the end and then proclaimed your heroicness from the rooftops.   BTW im talking about  modern america/britain when i say im offended because i wasnt around in the past when we were arrogent.

I'm not even referring to the past and certainly not the Wars.  I've been to London and I have a couple of buddies from England who live here.  Awesome fellas but arrogance isn't a stereotype with almost every Englishman I've known; it's a rule that there are some exceptions to.   I'm not saying it's, necessarily, a bad thing because arrogance is something that is (ideally) earned.

Ok im sure you dont wish to get into a massive arguement and neither do i we'll call it quits and i hope you understand my reasoning as i can see where you are coming from with your points. You seem well informed and like a pretty safe guy so im not willing to fall out over a comment made some hours ago :)

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

on the subject of our nation's teeth, I'll just leave this here:

ArnoldRimmer said:
  • Ugly women (don't know if it's actually true, that's just a stereotype I've heard a couple of times)

Look up Rosie Jones. Does she look ugly to you?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I think that the U.K. is awesome.

Peter Sellers, Monty Python, Sherlock Holmes, and James Bond are all from there.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

ugly women of course but doesn't everybody,check out some british film stars,singers and models it won't take you long to get a boner

cowardly,you are joking right check your history since the romans came knocking

i never understand britains that hate on or mock the usa and its culture you honestly do not have a clue about the world,we gave birth to them for starters and when the shit hits the fan who do you think will be there for us,that's right the usa,not the EU countries (except maybe the trusty scandinavians,dutch and poles) or the far away east,

do people really believe there will be no more world wars on planet earth,the mind boggles it really does

breaking news sept 2011 *humans will never ever war on each other again,it's a fact,doh!"

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
TBH Britain is famous for hooliganism and having bad teeth. Not saying I agree with it but that is the stereotype.

do you know how insulting that is?

Doesnt the english media and public ussually DEVOUR any country eastern of Austria when it comes to stereotypes and false beliefs?

Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
TBH Britain is famous for hooliganism and having bad teeth. Not saying I agree with it but that is the stereotype.

Doesnt the english media and public ussually DEVOUR any country eastern of Austria when it comes to stereotypes and false beliefs?

what everybody in england?

is england the only country in the world to have a section of the media that are like this,i didn't know we were that unique

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

is england the only country in the world to have a section of the media that are like this,i didn't know we were that unique

its by no means the only one, but its easly the most brutal one. English media can be brutally ruthless

Player1x3 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

its by no means the only one, but its easly the most brutal one. English media can be brutally ruthless

true alot of our papers thrive on negativity,i can't explain it myself

and the national football team takes the most grief something i never understand last 8 usually of knockout tournaments seems fair enough to me for  england on the world stage,idiots and morons only expect us to win it,most of us just hope and enjoy the ride

Above & Beyond

I don't know any different, so this might not be true, but I'm certain that people wouldn't buy newspapers if they didn't contain lots of negativity - why would you buy a paper with lots of good news in it?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~