By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the current stereotype of British people?

radishhead said:

Don't worry - not even people from England can understand the Birmingham accent :P

What am ya talkin abowt ah kid?

Around the Network
maximus22 said:

And by the way, most Americans see Britain and Canada as our closest friends.  We get a large part of our culture from the UK in one way or another.

No love for Australia?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
maximus22 said:

And by the way, most Americans see Britain and Canada as our closest friends.  We get a large part of our culture from the UK in one way or another.

No love for Australia?

The only things we think when we see Aussies are eating Marsupials, getting killed by spiders, awesome beaches, Kylie Minogue, and everyone from Australia knows everything about Rugby.

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget about shrimp on the barby and Outback Steak House.

Pixel Art can be fun.

huaxiong90 said:
maximus22 said:

No love for Australia?

If it wasn't for the spiders and the fact you are so far away from any mainland, Australia would be my favourite country.

huaxiong90 said:
maximus22 said:

No love for Australia?

Of course love for Australia, everybody loves Australia.  However, the whole world tends to dislike the US & UK most, plus we have a friendly rivalry so we have more bonds.

Around the Network

Limey tea-sucking crooked-toothed effeminate pansy incomprehensible alcoholic hoodlums

Granted, the "effeminate pansy" contradicts the "alcoholic hoodlums" but that's where the stereotype lies

(please don't shoot the messenger)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soleron said:

The teeth thing is really stupid because we have universal single-payer dental care.

I guess it's because we don't go in for bleaching? Teeth are naturally off-white and slightly crooked. Personally the filed-down, completely straight, dazzling white American style looks alien.

Seriously I've never heard about the British to have bad teeth before. And that comes from someone living in Holland

non-gravity said:
Soleron said:

The teeth thing is really stupid because we have universal single-payer dental care.

I guess it's because we don't go in for bleaching? Teeth are naturally off-white and slightly crooked. Personally the filed-down, completely straight, dazzling white American style looks alien.

Seriously I've never heard about the British to have bad teeth before. And that comes from someone living in Holland

Bad Teeth is stereotype number one over here, you even get it in children's cartoons ocasionally...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Hate Brits, always did. We call them "melkobrytty", which roughly translates "small Brits" (opposite to "Great Britain", since... you know, it's not that great anymore). They like very small but immensely loud barking dog, attached to huge armored vehicle with "U.S.A" letters written on it's side, though the dog behaves like it is the vehicle attached to it. On second thought I don't really hate them, I hate Jews, since half of my relatives are Jewish it's really easy for me to hate them. But still don't like Brits. Though the only couple of British I happen to know personally are actually decent people, still don't like them. But I adore that Poirot TV series with David Suchet (who's British AND Jewish = evil). All in all, it's complicated.

The British make better bad guys in Hollywood films.

Actually it's surprising how many American shows have a British lead. House, Stargate Universe, Lie to Me, and I guess now Torchwood.