By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Walmart sell PS3 controllers

Dallinor said:
It would have taken a person under a minute to fill that empty display stand with PS3 controllers and take a photo.

Or, it could have just been a foolish employee stacking the wrong stand.

I opt for the first theory. People do the strangest things...

Its all about space, and big box stores do it all the time. Its easier to just put PS3 controllers in a 360 display then to get a new PS3 display. If they have excess product sitting around they will stuff it full of "similar" items.

I saw some boo-ray movies in an bourne: ultimatum / triliogy display as well, fact is they just want the stuff thats not movine to be out in the open.

Around the Network
jlrx said:
ive seen that as well, the 360 stuff sells, and they dont know where to put the extra ps3 stuff, so there it goes.

Thank you for sharing your great opinion

ON topic:

No comment..

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

jlrx said:
Dallinor said:
It would have taken a person under a minute to fill that empty display stand with PS3 controllers and take a photo.

Or, it could have just been a foolish employee stacking the wrong stand.

I opt for the first theory. People do the strangest things...

Its all about space, and big box stores do it all the time. Its easier to just put PS3 controllers in a 360 display then to get a new PS3 display. If they have excess product sitting around they will stuff it full of "similar" items.

I saw some boo-ray movies in an bourne: ultimatum / triliogy display as well, fact is they just want the stuff thats not movine to be out in the open.

Getting closer to the beaking point I suggest you stop.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

i agree with responses such as "win" and "hahahah"

NEXT WEEK:

How Gamestop sell their stock of old-model DSs... under a "PSP DualTouch" brandname.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

It looks like someone was having fun on the night shift... notice the stack of boxes to the left. (It's stock time!) They probably thought it would e funny to grab a bunch of PS3 controllers, swap the 360 items, and take a "funny" pic.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

I bet some idiot brought one of those remotes thinking it would work on their 360

Andir said:
It looks like someone was having fun on the night shift... notice the stack of boxes to the left. (It's stock time!) They probably thought it would e funny to grab a bunch of PS3 controllers, swap the 360 items, and take a "funny" pic.

That's true it is possible, but this is walmart we're talking about. Many times I've seen items misplaced... in fact last gen the one near me put all the Gamecube stuff in the Xbox case once.. I swear to you it felt odd. I stared at it for what seemed like years but nobody else seemed to notice anything was wrong.. The night shift is a probability but I dunno that could also be one of those odd walmart items stacked so crappily it looks like stocking time.. I've also seen that before. It's walmart not exactly a high class operation, in the end who the hell knows.. and who the fu@k cares it's still kinda funny.

Parokki said:
It gets even better. Some guy went to notify them about it in the most embarrassing way imaginable, and got it all on tape.

Posting a rickroll should be a bannable offence. 

You know that there will be some moron who will buy one of those thinking that it's a "new" type of 360 controller that looks alot like their old PS2 one.

But, when I used to work at Wal-Mart many years ago we'd reuse displays like that if we had space issues, but I'd make sure to cover the competing brand's name on the side with the other product. There was always a moron who would pick up the item thinking that it would work for their product and it wouldn't.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.