By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Delays Kinect Star Wars

Tagged games:

Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
Seece said:
Yeah, they need to cut now, this was a game that was going to sell a lot of 360's over the holidays to casuals, withotu it they're not sitting anywhere near as comfortable. If they already had a price cut planned, I wonder what their reaction will be.

Would you agree that with out this and a price cut the wii will have a chance at the 360 in America this season ? Or do you still think the wii will be off the mark ?

No 360 will still beat Wii in Americas without both ... PS3 WW though is a different matter.

What? You don't believe the Wii will even beat the PS3 on a global scale?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Seece said:
Yeah, they need to cut now, this was a game that was going to sell a lot of 360's over the holidays to casuals, withotu it they're not sitting anywhere near as comfortable. If they already had a price cut planned, I wonder what their reaction will be.

i am .. dunno .. surprised that everyone things this game was this important.   i mean, really?  a true hardware pusher even in the same ballpark as a price-drop?

**comment not direct just at you seece, you just happened to have the most recent post**

Yeah, I know the quality looks under par and no self respecting core gamer would touch it with a barge pole, but this was the kinect game to sell to the 10 - 16 crowd, in the bucket load. They have little there now, sesame street and disney will be for the under 10's. And sequels arnt going to get anyone excited (Kinect Sports and Dance Central)

Other than that they don't have much, but then when stuff like this happens MS deserves it. Kinect's line up is still absymol, it's basically the same as last holidays + sesame and disney lol. I thought MS had a good hold on Kinect and were to going to fully realise its sales potential but this being delayed highlights how dumb they're being with it.

making the game better with a price drop likely next yr.

thats wht i get out of it. best potential to sell in a holiday season dominated by MS which will be 2012.

kingofwale said:
how the hell do you people get "price cut" from the above comment???

am I missing something here?

I get that people rather look at 'glass half full', but this is like say 'glass is god'

Dunno about you, but I got "Sign of a MGS4 port" from that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

kitler53 said:
Seece said:

i am .. dunno .. surprised that everyone things this game was this important.   i mean, really?  a true hardware pusher even in the same ballpark as a price-drop?

**comment not direct just at you seece, you just happened to have the most recent post**

Yeah I believe that their are quite some people interested in the Star wars Hardware edition ^^'.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
kingofwale said:
how the hell do you people get "price cut" from the above comment???

am I missing something here?

I get that people rather look at 'glass half full', but this is like say 'glass is god'

Hey, don't insult my religion!

*goes to kitchen, bows to glass and prays for kingofwale's soul*

Blasphemer! it is the holy Sandal we should follow!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

So what games does Kinect have available for the holidays?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:

Disney, Sesame Street, Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, Gunstringer, Rise of Nightmares.

Think the other japanese ones are 2012.

Seece said:
SaviorX said:

Disney, Sesame Street, Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, Gunstringer, Rise of Nightmares.

By Japanese do you mean games made by Japanese teams, or Kinect titles releasing in Japan? I figure its the former rather than the latter because the 360 is supposedly getting discontinued in Japan.

In terms of Star  Wars I am skeptical if the game will ever release. If it does, I think it will be a glitched mess stealth released in May/June before E3.

As for those games, the biggest potential lies in Dance Central 2 and 'Disney'. Advertising is going to be especially important for DC2 and KS2.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Seece said:
SaviorX said:

By Japanese do you mean games made by Japanese teams, or Kinect titles releasing in Japan? I figure its the former rather than the latter because the 360 is supposedly getting discontinued in Japan.

In terms of Star  Wars I am skeptical if the game will ever release. If it does, I think it will be a glitched mess stealth released in May/June before E3.

As for those games, the biggest potential lies in Dance Central 2 and 'Disney'. Advertising is going to be especially important for DC2 and KS2.

Yeah the former, and no 360 isn't getting discontinued in Japan, just relegated to the stores it sells strongest in.

But yeah, they need to advertise everything they have this holiday big time now.