By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - * Best Nintendo DS Elimination Game (Dragon Quest IX is the winner!)

-Advance Wars: Dual strike
+Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network

+ Mario Kart
- Metroid Prime Pinball

+ Mario Kart

- GTA

alright, now that the games are beginning to dwindle in number, let's see if I can do some damage to this thread

+Elite Beat Agents - TBH I haven't played this but I was a HUGE fan of the Ouendan! games (Broke my DS phat's touchscreen playing the first one ), and I consider this to be part of the same series. If this is a problem let me know and I'll change my vote.

-Professor Layton and the Curious Village - this game has some excellent production values and superb atmosphere, but at the end of the day I found the core gameplay to be somewhat lacking and disconnected... sorry Layton fans. I still think it's a good game, but not so good that it deserves to be at the top of the list on DS.

Maybe others on this thread can enlighten me as to whether later games in the series managed to enhance the story elements and integrate the puzzles better so that the end result feels a bit more coherent? As it is I couldn't escape the feeling I was playing a PBS after-school special...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Also, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for killing off the Trauma Center games so early in the competition!
Those were some of the best suited games for the platform!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

+ Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

gumby_trucker said:

alright, now that the games are beginning to dwindle in number, let's see if I can do some damage to this thread

+Elite Beat Agents - TBH I haven't played this but I was a HUGE fan of the Ouendan! games (Broke my DS phat's touchscreen playing the first one ), and I consider this to be part of the same series. If this is a problem let me know and I'll change my vote.

-Professor Layton and the Curious Village - this game has some excellent production values and superb atmosphere, but at the end of the day I found the core gameplay to be somewhat lacking and disconnected... sorry Layton fans. I still think it's a good game, but not so good that it deserves to be at the top of the list on DS.

Maybe others on this thread can enlighten me as to whether later games in the series managed to enhance the story elements and integrate the puzzles better so that the end result feels a bit more coherent? As it is I couldn't escape the feeling I was playing a PBS after-school special...

The Ouendan games? Oh wait, yea now I remember, read about a couple who didn't localize when I made this thread. I'm just not a fan of music an rhythm games.

Trama Center works perfectly on the DS, but I just don't find it that fun. Same with Tetris, the formula remains unchanged for 20 years and you can get nearly the smae game for $1 on a phone.

+ Super Mario 64 DS (Best platformer, now playable with Yoshi. nuff said)

- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (The original was a great concept, the sequel did almost nothing new)

Grand Theft Auto has been eliminated, 43 games left.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

+ Advance Wars: Dual Strike
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

My favorite non-port DS game? >:(
+ Layton Undwound Future
- Fire Emblem

+Dragon Quest IX
- Chrono Trigger