By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Who's to Blame for Nintendo's Missing Wii Games, we are." - I beg to differ. My buttal

I can see why nintendo wouldnt want to release the games over here though I wish they would. also your rant is as bad as the article.

Around the Network
enrageorange said:

You argue if a game sells well its because of its quality, yet most of the third party wii titles that sell well are considered crap both critically and by the users. Examples Just Dance, Just Dance 2, Carnival Party, Mario and Sonic at the olympic games, zumba fitness, lego series, etc. And there are far more third party wii games that are considered "hidden gems" and bombed, then quality third party wii games that actually sold well.

which users are you referring to? Just take a look at Amazon and those games have great reviews.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soriku said:
NoA brought over Fragile and Sakura Wars? Umm...

Well you can buy them here can you not? They GREENLIGHTED them to be released here then, my bad..

Huh, and here I thought that 3DS rumor would be the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Edit: Double post? 

Weird

Around the Network
Linkasf said:
kitler53 said:
killeryoshis said:
I think we have two problems for the article

How much is to sell well

and what title was good to sell well. I yet seen a 3rd party a game that deserves to sell.

so if there are no games, they why would expect there to be an audience for them on the wii?

..it's not like nintedo's had any better luck recently with metroid, sin and punishment, pandora's tower (japan), xenoblade (japan), TLS (japan).  we'll see about xenoblade (europe) soon and TLS (europe) next year i believe but i don't blame NOA for not wanting to localize them.  who's going to buy 'em?  the original article is a bit insultingly phrased but i agree with the general concept ... there is no audience; the wii is dead.  they are much better off trying to support the 3DS and wii U then pretend the wii still has life in it ... especially from the so-called "core" gamer.  if they were to localize anything for the wii  it ought to be rythm heaven.

When you say "who will buy em?" I'll tell you that guaranteed 2 out of 3 of those games will sell at leasst 100,000, which is at least 100,000 people, which means that your point doesn't make sense.

this is nintendo we're talking about, not some no-name iphone app developer.  100,000 in sales is absolutely nothing to them.

opportunity cost - look it up.   committing resources to one project means not committing it to something else.  right now NOA has much much MUCH important opportunitys to persue then to deal with the measly 100,000 sales xenoblade would garner.

and I didn't think that my opinion of these editorials could get any lower...

"this is nintendo we're talking about, not some no-name iphone app developer. 100,000 in sales is absolutely nothing to them."

The Wii costs still make that profitable. And furthermore it's also about PR. Even if people don't buy the game, just having it rounds out the system library.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I totally disagree, Conduit and all those deserved those sales, they were AVERAGE.
Now, on the other side, Xenoblade just flopped

Soriku said:
kitler53 said:

so if there are no games, they why would expect there to be an audience for them on the wii?

..it's not like nintedo's had any better luck recently with metroid, sin and punishment, pandora's tower (japan), xenoblade (japan), TLS (japan).  we'll see about xenoblade (europe) soon and TLS (europe) next year i believe but i don't blame NOA for not wanting to localize them.  who's going to buy 'em?  the original article is a bit insultingly phrased but i agree with the general concept ... there is no audience; the wii is dead.  they are much better off trying to support the 3DS and wii U then pretend the wii still has life in it ... especially from the so-called "core" gamer.  if they were to localize anything for the wii  it ought to be rythm heaven.

Xenoblade is selling well and is selling out. What about there being no market? And no the Wii isn't dead, as much as you'd like to believe that...

you are of course basing that on cold hard facts as opposed to wishful-thinking and anedocs right??  look at my other post about opportunity cost -- xeno is a poor investment for nintendo.  the wii doesn't have an active userbase for this kind of game, as much as you'd like to believe that...