By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Who's to Blame for Nintendo's Missing Wii Games, we are." - I beg to differ. My buttal

o_O.Q said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"i suppose wii fit one of the wii's highest selling games is a shining example of how picky and selective the wii owners are"

Presenting an opinion is not a counterargument, as you are implying people are not entitled to like Wii Fit. That's just as myopic about your opinion as you are claiming the OP is.

"you are implying people are not entitled to like Wii Fit"

never did simply made the point that wii owners aren't hardly as picky as he'd like to think... otherwise a game with a user score of less than 80 wouldn't sell as much as wii fit has... and thats just one example

1. User score where? This site?

2. You're still using the vocal minority opinion of Wii Fit to claim Wii users aren't picky, ignoring that FEW games sell as well as that game does. If they were less picky, MORE games would be selling that well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
o_O.Q said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"i suppose wii fit one of the wii's highest selling games is a shining example of how picky and selective the wii owners are"

Presenting an opinion is not a counterargument, as you are implying people are not entitled to like Wii Fit. That's just as myopic about your opinion as you are claiming the OP is.

"you are implying people are not entitled to like Wii Fit"

never did simply made the point that wii owners aren't hardly as picky as he'd like to think... otherwise a game with a user score of less than 80 wouldn't sell as much as wii fit has... and thats just one example

1. User score where? This site?

2. You're still using the vocal minority opinion of Wii Fit to claim Wii users aren't picky, ignoring that FEW games sell as well as that game does. If they were less picky, MORE games would be selling that well.

1. yes and metacritic

2. "If they were less picky, MORE games would be selling that well"

i tend to disagree if they were more picky the game wouldn't have sold as much as it had... as my concept for the meaning of picky is that someone is less open to select something based on certain factors such as quality, price, originality etc

"yes and metacritic"

Well those are sites that tend to focus on those not prone to like those games. Amazon is a much better metric.

"i tend to disagree if they were more picky the game wouldn't have sold as much as it had... as my concept for the meaning of picky is that someone is less open to select something based on certain factors such as quality, price, originality etc"

Well first of all, you shouldn't use a word that way unless you clarify what you mean right off the bat.

Second of all, those factors you named are still subjective. And originality would make 360 and PS3 gamers look LESS picky, as it's usually the derivative games that sell the best.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

kitler53 said:
theRepublic said:
kitler53 said:

this is nintendo we're talking about, not some no-name iphone app developer.  100,000 in sales is absolutely nothing to them.

opportunity cost - look it up.   committing resources to one project means not committing it to something else.  right now NOA has much much MUCH important opportunitys to persue then to deal with the measly 100,000 sales xenoblade would garner.

Then what is NOA doing?

obviously i can't actually answer that specifically.   but right now their focus has to be on kickstarting the 3DS and preparing for the wii U launch.  and don't forget, nintnedo is small. they only have about 5,000 employees total and near as i can tell only about 1,000 of those are in NOA.  that's not a lot of resources to try and  support a wii, wii U, ds, and 3ds.  nintendo much more so then sony has to pick and choose their opportunities.  right now, xeno (even if a profitable venture) means nothing if the 3ds doesn't take off much moreso than it has been.

Even 500 employees should be more than enough to organize the release of a game that is already localized into all the languages they need.  Even while simultaneously doing all those other things you mentioned.  I don't think they should really have that much work going on for the Wii or DS right now.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)