By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales Comparison,PS2 vs PS3 vs 360 vs Wii VS DS vs PSP vs GC vs XB

Around the Network

I know this might be hard to do, but can you add in the PS1 generation consoles... If possible?

This is also interesting to see!

Carl2291 said:
I know this might be hard to do, but can you add in the PS1 generation consoles... If possible?

VGC doesn't show the data for PS1

Carl2291 said:

I assume this is based off of Vgc data, and we don't have HW for the PS1 generation. IIRC PS3 was a couple of million ahead, launch alligned in terms of shipments, up until last year. Now it's a few million behind. Hard to say if the price cut will affect that.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I completely forgot the DS outsold the Ps2 0_o

anyhow, the Wii has a huge drop right there, but after the drop it still managed to outsell the ps2. With the year after that, though, i'm sure it'll go under the line.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Ah yeah, this IS VGC data. Poo

Shipment data ftw!

c03n3nj0 said:
I completely forgot the DS outsold the Ps2 0_o

anyhow, the Wii has a huge drop right there, but after the drop it still managed to outsell the ps2. With the year after that, though, i'm sure it'll go under the line.

The DS still hasn't outsold the PS2 just yet!

Got to remember how much we have PS2 undertracked. Shipped over 150 Million but only sold 142 Million?

nice so 360 never really sold better then PS3. thats interesting, and PS2 stay'd over 11m in sales for some time into the 7th gen.

if Sony would have still provided PS2 will more support those numbers would have been higher

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice so 360 never really sold better then PS3. thats interesting, and PS2 stay'd over 11m in sales for some time into the 7th gen.

if Sony would have still provided PS2 will more support those numbers would have been higher

PS2 is still the 2nd best selling console this generation

PS3 and 360 are behind

snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

PS2 is still the 2nd best selling console this generation

PS3 and 360 are behind

yea funny how the 6th gen leader leads the 7th gen aswell lol. looks like PS2 has sold alittle more then 80m in the 7th gen

hey man i'm back with something even more awsume. watch minecrafte creator Notch program a game livehttp://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=133081&page=5#5