By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 CONFIRMED to be coming to the Xbox 360 a year later (gametrailers)

twesterm said:
Stats87 said:
MrPickles said:
Stats87 said:
Can I be shown one example ever where the port that arrived 6 months - 1 year after sold well?

Sure. As I said before, it's called "Resident Evil 4". In this skit, Sony was the big bad guy stealing Nintendo's lifesaving exclusive. It sold very well.

alright, can I be shown two? =)

I think that is a bit different though, since there was an uber-huge difference in install base. But the PS2 version still only sold 300k more. Plus the Playstation had a bigger history in Resident Evil gaming. The Xbox got Substance, but that did quite poorly if my memory serves me correctly. (but that wasn't surprising since it when from giant install base to small install base)

I still don't think MGS would sell well at all on the 360, especially if it came out a year later. MGS has its best sales in Europe (where Sony is really picking it up compared to the 360), it would sell terribly in Japan and would do decently in USA. (but even then I think a lot of people will have already bought it)

Oblivion is doing well on the PS3, though I honestly don't know why. The 360 at least has easy achievements and the PC is the far superior version with user created content that fixes all the things wrong with that game. The PS3 version really doesn't have much going for it but at least it's doing well.

The PS3 version shipped with improved graphics and loading times, as well as the knights of the nine expansion. Id take that over achievements any day.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:
twesterm said:
Stats87 said:
MrPickles said:
Stats87 said:
Can I be shown one example ever where the port that arrived 6 months - 1 year after sold well?

Sure. As I said before, it's called "Resident Evil 4". In this skit, Sony was the big bad guy stealing Nintendo's lifesaving exclusive. It sold very well.

alright, can I be shown two? =)

I think that is a bit different though, since there was an uber-huge difference in install base. But the PS2 version still only sold 300k more. Plus the Playstation had a bigger history in Resident Evil gaming. The Xbox got Substance, but that did quite poorly if my memory serves me correctly. (but that wasn't surprising since it when from giant install base to small install base)

I still don't think MGS would sell well at all on the 360, especially if it came out a year later. MGS has its best sales in Europe (where Sony is really picking it up compared to the 360), it would sell terribly in Japan and would do decently in USA. (but even then I think a lot of people will have already bought it)

Oblivion is doing well on the PS3, though I honestly don't know why. The 360 at least has easy achievements and the PC is the far superior version with user created content that fixes all the things wrong with that game. The PS3 version really doesn't have much going for it but at least it's doing well.

The PS3 version shipped with improved graphics and loading times, as well as the knights of the nine expansion. Id take that over achievements any day.

While improved loading times is nice (though I still like achievements better but that's only because I'm an achievement whore) my 360 version came with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. As for improved graphics, I've played on my computer that was good two years ago, 360, and PS3 (don't own that one though) and while the PS3 and 360 version look better than my PC version with the settings turned down, they both look pretty much the same.

i still dont trust it,though even if its true it isnt PS3's biggest game

--OkeyDokey-- said:
i wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 debuts sub 200k on its release in north america.

people overestimate how big this francise is.

North America is actually its smallest market when you consider population size. MGS2 isn't listed, but MGS3 opened with 221k. (however it had very good legs) Europe is actually the biggest market for MGS.

My early prediction

• North America:250k
  • Japan: 425k (previous releases of MGS have been top-heavy, with half the sales in the first week. 400k puts it at less then MGS and MGS3)
  • Europe 400k

So Japan would have the best opening, but Europe/NA would have much better staying power. (especally Europe)

p.s. I hate making predictions, especially when it comes to numbers. I think this might be the 2nd i have ever done.

I swear I've seen this conversation before.... oh yea, in another thread with the exact same thing.

Wouldn't it be great if we all had our own little top secret employee who works at a game company?

---

I must bring something from Family Guy here,  

"Uh yes, I would like to call the ghost that never lies to the stand. Now, only I can see and hear the ghost so I'll translate everything he says"

Now, lets substitute 'the ghost' with 'nameless employee from X company' and 'I would' with '[insert random website here]' and that would pretty much sum up what I think about this unless there is a reliable source of information. 

Around the Network

I think its funny how defensive people are getting over MGS4 coming to the 360. This to me was obvious since Capcom announced DMC4 for the 360.

I think its funny how defensive people are getting over MGS4 coming to the 360. This to me was obvious since Capcom announced DMC4 for the 360.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
i wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 debuts sub 200k on its release in north america.

people overestimate how big this francise is.

People overestimate how important North America is, especially since MGS sells best in Europe...

This Rumor has been killed already! Its not coming to 360.

Fansite Xboxfamily just edited the same rumor that Bioshock was coming to PS3.

http://www.freewebs.com/bioshockto360/

All they did was change a couple things to make you believe it was true.

Not only is this just another rumor but MGS4 is not the biggest title on the PS3, not even the biggest title of the year on the PS3.

The biggest titles on the PS2 were GTA and GT, one is already crossplatform and the other is first party and so will not be.

Plus I expect that the 360 having MGS4 one year after the PS3 will have about as much effect as the xbox having GTA3/Vice City way after the PS2: it will sell well but not nearly as well as on the Playstation, nor will it sell many systems as most that would be willing to spend $350+$60 to play it would be willing to spend $50 more to play it a year earlier.

If the 360 got it with a simultaneous launch then it would be significant but I doubt it.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"