By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 and 3DS Both See 'Significant' Sales Bump, says GameStop, Target and Amazon

Man this is great news for Sony and Nintendo. PS3's generation is going to begin winding down soon so every unit Sony can get out the better. With 3DS Nintendo needs this boost desperatly if they are going to fend off PSVita and smartphones. Both these boosts in sales will only benefit us consumers!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

honestly was anyone expecting anything different? This isn't really news but worth mentioning i guess

"The 320GB PS3 bundle with PlayStation Move is (as of this writing) up by 450%"

So up from 10 units to 45 units.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Come on, you can do better.

Dark_Feanor said:
Even if 3DS is undertrack do you realy belive it can keep up this pace until the end of the year? Without games???

Without games? Is this an joke or missinformation or something like that. There are many (system-seller) games on their way for 2011.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Lol I gave you guys confirmation of this long before the president announced this.

Told you we saw massive increases in 3DS sales and that Vgchartz has it undertracked.

Did you take into consideration that only one day of price-cut was in effect for the week? How frontloaded were the sales?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

z101 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Even if 3DS is undertrack do you realy belive it can keep up this pace until the end of the year? Without games???

Without games? Is this an joke or missinformation or something like that. There are many (system-seller) games on their way for 2011.

Does your definition of many = 2 ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
z101 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Does your definition of many = 2 ?

Harsh, but true and even then those are probably the remakes.

But... the PS3 was already kicking everyone's ass this year. Oh gosh now it will most likely crush everything. And 3DS is gonna give Vita some really hard competition. Infact I just might pick one up!

pezus said:
binary solo said:

No wouldn't it be up from 10 units to 55 units? Up by 45 units(450% of 10)

I guess depends on how you read it. Could mean 450% above, or it could mean 450% of. Way I normally read % increase figures is take the original figure and do the straight % calculation and that gives you the new figure.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix