By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sports players that you wish could have or could last a little longer?

Tagged games:

favre should come out of retirement, again. i'm going to miss watching rogers wipe his butt all over the field.

Around the Network
saicho said:

Barry Sanders. He was still the best when he retired. That's rare.

On the other hand, I hope Favre stays retired.

Why did he retire so soon? wasn't it because his knees were bad or something?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Shawn Kemp. In his Seattle days.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

The Rain Man! I love his tomahawk dunk that he would do. ACtually I just drank some Talking Rain flavored water that used to have his pictue on it back in the day. You from WAshington state?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
saicho said:

So soon?

He played for approximately 58.7 years.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Faxanadu said:

The Rain Man! I love his tomahawk dunk that he would do. ACtually I just drank some Talking Rain flavored water that used to have his pictue on it back in the day. You from WAshington state?

No I am not. But I was there some time when Payton, Kemp and Schrempf were making the Supersonics one of the sexy teams in the league.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

amp316 said:
spurgeonryan said:
saicho said:

So soon?

He played for approximately 58.7 years.

I am dumb. I was thinking of another sanders.

For me its Eric Lindross, one of the best hockey players whose career was marked with injury after injury.

Tiger Woods...yeah I'm pretty much counting him as dead.

nah j/k give him a few months of practice and he should be good as new. But I do think his days of completely dominating the game are over.

Other people I wish could have continued longer:

Bobby Orr - Forced out of the game at 30, that really sucks. Damn knee injuries.

Mario Lemieux - Cancer costed him 3 of his prime playing years in the late 90's. Other various injuries really fucked him up as well. Only had four 75+ game seasons in his 17 or so years of play. Could have been as good (or better) than Gretzky.

Pavel Bure - Another sad case of injuries. Put up ridiculous numbers when he was healthy.

Gordie Howe - lol j/k he played till he was like 52

Griffin said:
For me its Eric Lindross, one of the best hockey players whose career was marked with injury after injury.

He was good. Too bad he got tagged by Stevens.

I never really respected Lindros though. Anyone who refuses to play for the team that drafts him and demands a trade is a bitch in my books.