By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sports players that you wish could have or could last a little longer?

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
Faxanadu said:
Shawn Kemp. In his Seattle days.

The Rain Man! I love his tomahawk dunk that he would do. ACtually I just drank some Talking Rain flavored water that used to have his pictue on it back in the day. You from WAshington state?

No I am not. But I was there some time when Payton, Kemp and Schrempf were making the Supersonics one of the sexy teams in the league.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

For me its Eric Lindross, one of the best hockey players whose career was marked with injury after injury.

Tiger Woods...yeah I'm pretty much counting him as dead.

nah j/k give him a few months of practice and he should be good as new. But I do think his days of completely dominating the game are over.

Other people I wish could have continued longer:

Bobby Orr - Forced out of the game at 30, that really sucks. Damn knee injuries.

Mario Lemieux - Cancer costed him 3 of his prime playing years in the late 90's. Other various injuries really fucked him up as well. Only had four 75+ game seasons in his 17 or so years of play. Could have been as good (or better) than Gretzky.

Pavel Bure - Another sad case of injuries. Put up ridiculous numbers when he was healthy.

Gordie Howe - lol j/k he played till he was like 52

Griffin said:
For me its Eric Lindross, one of the best hockey players whose career was marked with injury after injury.

He was good. Too bad he got tagged by Stevens.

I never really respected Lindros though. Anyone who refuses to play for the team that drafts him and demands a trade is a bitch in my books. 

spurgeonryan said:
saicho said:

Barry Sanders. He was still the best when he retired. That's rare.

On the other hand, I hope Favre stays retired.

Why did he retire so soon? wasn't it because his knees were bad or something?

Nope, he claims he "lost his competitive spirit" after playing for the Lions so long (and losing all the time). The Lions either didn't want to trade him, or couldn't get a good enough offer for him, so he opted to retire instead of waste his days away as a Lion. 

Plus he probably just wanted to retire on top before his talent began to decline or he injured his knees. 

Around the Network

Barry Bonds, he was still a dominate force, but all the bs around forced him out. He still has some of the best numbers of all time, but he could have been even better.

Also, how about Bo Jackson. He was even better then Prime Time, if it was not for the injuries, he would have been a dual Hall of Famer.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I really hope Roger Federer can win at least 3-4 grand slams before he retires.