By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sports players that you wish could have or could last a little longer?

Tagged games:

Vetteman94 said:
Barry Sanders, RB Detroit Lions. I know and understand why he left but the NFL rushing record should be his, he deserved it. He was a great shape as well and could have played for another 3 or 4 years. One of the most electrifying players to step out onto the field. And one of the most humble, a rarity in the NFL.

This was the one that immediately came to mind, it does suck that Detroit refused to deal him or surround him with a supporting cast but he was amazing. Its basically the same thing Cincy is doing with Carson Palmer this year but he won't be missed as much. If I think back to players who had careers ended due to injury, we can go way back to Sandy Koufax who retired at 31 after one of the best pitching seasons ever (27-9 1.73 era) and I agree when I think of how big a Ken Griffey Jr fan I was growing up in wishing he would have stayed healthy all these years. It would have been nice if players such as Michael Jordan, Ted Williams and Mario Lemieux didn't have gaps in their playing careers either

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Around the Network

Barry Sanders for sure, and of course Bobby Ore!!

d21lewis said:
Prime Time Deion Sanders. The guy hit a home run in the MLB and scored an NFL touchdown in the same week. He once played a Football game and then turned around and played an MLB game, THAT NIGHT!! And he was gooooood. He even became a media sensation and released a shitty album.

He had his haters but damn if he wasn't exciting.

I was on of those haters. I only liked him,when he was on the best team in sports ever,the Dallas cowboys,but he was all flash and nothing more. He was always afraid to get hit. 

Randy Moss

Brett Favre

Mike Tyson

Tony Hawk

Shaq

Michael Jordan

Muhammed Ali

Apollo Creed (R.I.P.)

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Barry Sanders. He was still the best when he retired. That's rare.

On the other hand, I hope Favre stays retired.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Steve Yzerman

I still remember how he willed the Wings to the cup on one knee...an amazing performance (even though he did knock out my Nucks...Cloutier...)

trasharmdsister12 said:
Steve Yzerman

But Yzerman played for like 75 years, or did it just seem like it?  :p

Seriously though, great player.  My buddy Jonathan Toews reminds me of him.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

favre should come out of retirement, again. i'm going to miss watching rogers wipe his butt all over the field.

Shawn Kemp. In his Seattle days.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

spurgeonryan said:
saicho said:

Barry Sanders. He was still the best when he retired. That's rare.

On the other hand, I hope Favre stays retired.

Why did he retire so soon? wasn't it because his knees were bad or something?

So soon?

He played for approximately 58.7 years.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger