By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - We can get even more out of the 360, says Forza 4 dev

Michael-5 said:

Forza has released a new game every 2 years since 2005. This means Forza 5 will likely be a 2013 game, which is the year many people anticipate the next X-Box to release. My guess is MS won't make Forza a launch title, so for once were going to have to wait 3 years for Forza 5. Then absolutely it will look better.

For now, Forza 4 is the best looking SIM on the market (better then GT5, heck Forza 3 is about as good looking as GT5). Unless GT6 or FM5 come out this gen, Forza 4 WILL be the best looking SIM this gen. That says a lot for how much Forza has evolved.

I've been a bit hesitant on the graphics of Forza 4, the screenshots in the GamrReview look unbelievable, but the Swiss Alps footage looked so artificial.

Then again, what we should be comparing is in game footage, I think Forza 4 will have much better environments, car detail and lighting is where it could lose out though.

Around the Network

Well with the use of another amazing disc added to the game, then yes they can indeed improve!

i think it can, but like others have said. it will be a minimal gain graphicly.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Michael-5 said:

Forza has released a new game every 2 years since 2005. This means Forza 5 will likely be a 2013 game, which is the year many people anticipate the next X-Box to release. My guess is MS won't make Forza a launch title, so for once were going to have to wait 3 years for Forza 5. Then absolutely it will look better.

For now, Forza 4 is the best looking SIM on the market (better then GT5, heck Forza 3 is about as good looking as GT5). Unless GT6 or FM5 come out this gen, Forza 4 WILL be the best looking SIM this gen. That says a lot for how much Forza has evolved.

Forza 4 isn't on the market...

brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:

I've been a bit hesitant on the graphics of Forza 4, the screenshots in the GamrReview look unbelievable, but the Swiss Alps footage looked so artificial.

Then again, what we should be comparing is in game footage, I think Forza 4 will have much better environments, car detail and lighting is where it could lose out though.

Overall Forza 4 will be the best, but I agree with you, there are some aspects where Forza 4 will loose out to GT5. Exterior car lighting will likely be one of them (but interior GT5 is just terrible, why can't PS3 games anti alias?).

Still, I am anticipating this to be the best rated racing game this generation. Forza 3 is the curent leader (look at metacritic, or reviews on almost any website), and Forza 4 will be better. As both a game, and a SIM.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:

Typo: will be (but looking at gameplay it already is in it's uncompleted state).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:

Typo: will be (but looking at gameplay it already is in it's uncompleted state).

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it, and who cares graphics just need to be at acceptable levels after that it doesn't matter.

IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:
IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it, and who cares graphics just need to be at acceptable levels after that it doesn't matter.

How else would you expect them to improve Forza 3 without a graphical boost? In this day and age, most gamers are graphic wh*res. Forza 3 graphics are well within acceptable levels, only interior modeling on race cars needed work.

I do expect an improvement in the simulation aspect, specifically how the weight shifts on corners, but I can't judge that before playing Forza 4. I also can't judge the new tracks until I see them, and the car roster until they unveil it.

Graphics are something I can see now, and judge now. Also this article is about "getting more out of the 360" I assume they meant graphically.

Michael-5 said:
IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:
IseeLight said:
Michael-5 said:

How else would you expect them to improve Forza 3 without a graphical boost? In this day and age, most gamers are graphic wh*res. Forza 3 graphics are well within acceptable levels, only interior modeling on race cars needed work.

I do expect an improvement in the simulation aspect, specifically how the weight shifts on corners, but I can't judge that before playing Forza 4. I also can't judge the new tracks until I see them, and the car roster until they unveil it.

Graphics are something I can see now, and judge now. Also this article is about "getting more out of the 360" I assume they meant graphically.

Yeah well the effort would be better spent in pretty much every other aspect, and maybe you should stop judging games before they come out.

Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:

Overall Forza 4 will be the best, but I agree with you, there are some aspects where Forza 4 will loose out to GT5. Exterior car lighting will likely be one of them (but interior GT5 is just terrible, why can't PS3 games anti alias?).

Still, I am anticipating this to be the best rated racing game this generation. Forza 3 is the curent leader (look at metacritic, or reviews on almost any website), and Forza 4 will be better. As both a game, and a SIM.

I thought GT5 was 1080p / 720p with 4xAA?

But I will agree with you, interiors aren't great, and exterior car lighting is exactly what I was thinking when I thought about GT5's graphical advantages.

Anyway, there is no doubt that Forza 4 will be the best, the amount of effort they are putting into the environments is huge, and I love all the Top Gear features.

Anyway, I'm shocked to see how popular Top Gear is, I thought it barely existed outside of the UK / Europe.