By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 outsells 3DS worldwide for 06/08/11!!!!!

RolStoppable said:
NYANKS said:
The PS2 is IMMORTAL. Muahahahahahahaaaaa

It's the opposite. PS2s are mortal and keep dying all over the place. With the PS3 not being backwards compatible, new PS2s need to be purchased, so people can keep playing their old PS2 games.

This shows how clueless Nintendo is: it could just make 3DS BC with PS2 and it would more than double its sales!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
RolStoppable said:
NYANKS said:
The PS2 is IMMORTAL. Muahahahahahahaaaaa

It's the opposite. PS2s are mortal and keep dying all over the place. With the PS3 not being backwards compatible, new PS2s need to be purchased, so people can keep playing their old PS2 games.

I thought most sales were being made in new territories.  Why can't those be new sales?  And I say any console that can last 11+ years deserves those extra rebuy sales, clearly people still deem it a worthy buy.  But most sales are in new places.

That's what I was thinking, the PS2 can keep on going for some time in emerging markets like India, China, Africa and maybe Latin America, where the newer consoles are out of most people's price ranges

And yes of course there are some replacement sales, but the same is true for any console, but probably more with the DS than any other due to its numerous redesigns

{also, this is cause the price is being cut next week right? I haven't been following 3DS news that closely}

Long live the king.

Now if only vgchartz would stop under tracking it's total sales.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I wonder how many PS2's sold since this gen began in 2004-2005. I bet its pretty impressive.

triple h ain't got nothin on PS2

http://youtu.be/ust0OKfusiE

o and Rol who cares!

Around the Network

This is what I just read:

PS2 outsells 3DS worldwide for 06/08/11!!!!!
Rioting in London ¬_¬

Nintendogamer said:
3DS is a handheld though... wait till DS tops PS2 then ;).

All hail the DS

d21lewis said:
I wonder how many PS2's sold since this gen began in 2004-2005. I bet its pretty impressive.

I believe that since the PS3 launch in late 2006, the PS2 has shipped 2-3 million units fewer in the same timeframe as the PS3. It came up in one of the shipment result threads I believe.

Amazing really.

TeddostheFireKing said:

using Media create numbers and our own...

total PS2 numbers: 37,206

total 3DS numbers: 31,729

all hail the PS2! :D

and before people say it isn't a normal week, I know that, but this is more a testament to the amazing PS2, rather than a topic against the 3DS, I'm sure it'll outsell the PS2 next week :P

and out of curiosity, has a platform from two generations before outsold a major console/portable before? or is it the first time?

ps2 outsold 360 alot

I have more games yet to be played on my PS2 then my PS3. It definitely is one of the best consoles ever. There's no way any Playstation successor will be able to top it.