By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 outsells 3DS worldwide for 06/08/11!!!!!

This isnt impressive to me just something.

Around the Network

@Iseelight

360 and PS2 are just one generation apart but 3DS and PS2 are two generations apart. PS2 is Gameboy Advance generation.

Not to take anything away from the PS2, but do not be surprised if sales similar to it become the norm, even in this generation.

The term 'generation' in general is starting not to mean as much for consoles now. The standard 5 year cycle cannot cut it with how expensive everything is to make.

We might be here in 2017 talking about how the Ps3 is still going strong with 25k a week.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I re-bought a PS2 for the future just in case the one I have now dies.

d21lewis said:
I wonder how many PS2's sold since this gen began in 2004-2005. I bet its pretty impressive.

Somene was posting this recently and it was 45 or 55 milions iirc.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

52 million units since the 360 launch in the VGchartz records.  The last few years, South America has made it hard to be certain where exactly it lies.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Adding across the Sony financials from that time it's about 57 million (hoping I didn't leave out a quarter but I think I got them all).  Might be a good estimate of the size of emerging markets to look at the difference.  5 million units over nearly 6 years isn't huge, but given what they try to sell it for there I still think that's a bit surprising.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

d21lewis said:
I wonder how many PS2's sold since this gen began in 2004-2005. I bet its pretty impressive.

*looks in VGC database*

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons[]=PS2&reg[]=Total&start=38683&end=40762

52 million consoles since the X360 launch in November 2005! And it's very undertracked... Probably about 60m.

The X360 itself has sold 55... and PS3 slightly below 52. Which means PS2 has sold more than PS3 since and X60 since the start of the gen (?!?!?!?).

Impressive indeed!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

May Baystion Twastic

RolStoppable said:
NYANKS said:
The PS2 is IMMORTAL. Muahahahahahahaaaaa

It's the opposite. PS2s are mortal and keep dying all over the place. With the PS3 not being backwards compatible, new PS2s need to be purchased, so people can keep playing their old PS2 games.

i think that is the reason why Sony not releasing PS2 games on PSN, i still believe it will be on PSN in future when PS2 can't sell anymore... ^^