By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do for living?

I am student atm

will be doing computer programming and design for living.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

I am student atm

If your good then you'll be swimming in the green stuff soon My friend recently became lead Java programmer for one of the biggest online-shops in our country, and he doesn'teven  have any degree or qualification... 

I'm a DM for Gamestop.

Spanish teacher.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Dr.Grass said:
snakenobi said:

I am student atm

If your good then you'll be swimming in the green stuff soon My friend recently became lead Java programmer for one of the biggest online-shops in our country, and he doesn'teven  have any degree or qualification... 

yeah i know,you just need to know the stuff as today web and apps can  be done if you just know the stuff.being independent is easy as computer pregrammer these days.

i hope to be an entrepreneur someday

btw what do you do?

Around the Network

Studying to become a game programmer, and unloading trucks full of berries in the summer break (i.e. now).

Math and Geography teacher.

I'm a full-time college student.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

I clean buildings right now but in a week or so I will become a full time student.

My entire life at a glance:
- (1994-95) Got out of High School and joined the Air Force. Got injured after about a year. Paid about $850 a month.
-('95-'95) Got a job building mobile homes. Hardest job, ever! Paid about $6 an hour.
-('95-'97) Got a job at a factory. Started as a "service man" (aka, everyone's bitch). Ended as assistant supervisor. Started at $6.50. Ended at about $9 an hour.
-('97-'98)Moved to Atlanta to be a superstar. Wound up as a shoe salesmen in a sporting goods store. Wound up as assistant manager. Started at about $6. Ended at about $7.50. Fun job, though.
-('98-2003) Came back home to become a man-whore. Got my old factory job back. Started at about $8.50. Ended at about $9.50.
-('03-'09) Became a cop. Full time deputy sheriff. Part time police officer. Biggest man-whore the world had ever seen. Started at about $9 and ended at around $15.
-('09-Present) Nuclear Security. Translation: I don’t do shit but play video games and browse the internet. I plan to become an operator, soon since I feel pretty unfulfilled, lately. Started at $17 an hour. Currently $19.50 an hour. Toss in bonuses, 2.5 times the pay for any holiday, and some great benefits (medical, retirement, dental, stocks, etc.) and it's not too bad--especially since land, houses, gas, and such are pretty cheap where I live.

With one kid, a three bedroom house, two cars, and my own land, I could be doing better but considering I skipped college, I'm not doing to bad.