By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do for living?

Faxanadu said:
adriane23 said:
I work in corporate finance for a healthcare umbrella corporation. That sounds sinister, but it's really not. I basically review and pay our charitable commitments and sponsorships, which leads to educating people on policies and common sense. I'm also a full time student studying Software Applications Development (I graduate next March).

You work for Umbrella?

Coolest job ever.

Dammit! I knew I wasn't subtle enough. Despite our past, we're really looking to improve our image.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

I am an accountant

External Auditor in PriceWaterHouseCoppers!Yeah not that much fun job!!!

I'm a college student right now, and I might also begin working for the Minnesota Vikings soon.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
MessiaH said:
I'm a Senior Consultant at one of the Big 4 professional services firms. I help companies streamline their business processes and provide them with solutions to avoid external and internal risks. It's fun on a good day, insane and hectic on a bad one.

maybe your company can help the global governments with there problems, but i'm sure your company would face some resistane not to mention the governments money's no good lol.

That would be an interesting dynamic. But believe me, the governments do not want an impartial and objective 3rd party sticking their nose in government affairs. Now don't get me wrong, we don't just work for private companies, we also service public companies too (government, ministries, etc), but the scope of work is similar to working with private ones, as in, we are stream-lining their processes to make them more efficient, etc. But that doesn't mean we can walk into the White House and start ordering Obama around telling him how to fix the debt crisis. That's where the government draws the line. Unfortunately though, cause they could seriously use some impartial judgment on how to fix their mess cause all they do now is play the "whose penis is bigger" game.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Doing a PhD in classics. Best time of my life to be honest.

That's wonderful. What is your focus? And what do you see yourself doing once you graduate if you don't mind me asking. Classics is a very interesting and broad field. It allows for people with many different tastes and interests to jump aboard.

PullusPardus said:
i eat and drink to survive.

i should probably start saving my scraps for you then...

adriane23 said:
Faxanadu said:
adriane23 said:
I work in corporate finance for a healthcare umbrella corporation. That sounds sinister, but it's really not. I basically review and pay our charitable commitments and sponsorships, which leads to educating people on policies and common sense. I'm also a full time student studying Software Applications Development (I graduate next March).

You work for Umbrella?

Coolest job ever.

Dammit! I knew I wasn't subtle enough. Despite our past, we're really looking to improve our image.

You guys just need to figure out how to keep your viruses contained at all times. Maybe my company can help you with that...

MessiaH said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
MessiaH said:
I'm a Senior Consultant at one of the Big 4 professional services firms. I help companies streamline their business processes and provide them with solutions to avoid external and internal risks. It's fun on a good day, insane and hectic on a bad one.

maybe your company can help the global governments with there problems, but i'm sure your company would face some resistane not to mention the governments money's no good lol.

That would be an interesting dynamic. But believe me, the governments do not want an impartial and objective 3rd party sticking their nose in government affairs. Now don't get me wrong, we don't just work for private companies, we also service public companies too (government, ministries, etc), but the scope of work is similar to working with private ones, as in, we are stream-lining their processes to make them more efficient, etc. But that doesn't mean we can walk into the White House and start ordering Obama around telling him how to fix the debt crisis. That's where the government draws the line. Unfortunately though, cause they could seriously use some impartial judgment on how to fix their mess cause all they do now is play the "whose penis is bigger" game.

i know and agree. it was acctualy part joke part we have idiots running the world lol.

its funny when you think about it. we have politicians that acctualy know how to fix the debt crisis, but prefure to play politics instead. well with you and your job and me being a business major we both know whts next if these fools don't drop the politic's and fix th problem.

its not hard to get done but its a tough processe that many would fight to the death to prevent.

to me it seems it doesn't matter wht Obama went to the white house to fix and make change or how much change he made if any(matter of OP)cause in the long run he was never ment to get anything done knowing himself the oposition he faced from dems or republicans.

alot of people say its about color of skin which isn't my area, but for me its always been about money and power, but soon they'll all see that they had none to begin with.

Ssenkahdavic said:
mjk45 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Network and Systems Administrator for an IT Training Company and I love it.

so what happened to the Geology.

One of the first kind of jobs to go in a bad economy is Science and well, that is where it went. 

Oh well move to Australia lots of well paying jobs in the mining sector.

jobs under the science category have a starting salary of 60k that is the lowest of the different employment category  but it also has the highest maximum of the category's at 400k with the science avg being 139k

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot