By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Have you seen it yet? !!CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

Cirio said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Cirio said:

Slight spoilers maybe.

I worded it wrong. I meant to say that the ending left a lot of room to lead into a sequel. But for the other part, yeah I didn't get how the zoo animals became smart too. But I feel like everything was rushed near the end. I think they should've added another 15-20 minutes in the film and expanded on the "animal's riot" part because it felt like the ending came sooner than I had expected. They showed Ceaser's growing up life perfectly but his actions of vengeance seemed rushed.

Caesar took the cure and stabbed it open, releasing the gas, witch then filled the cages with it and the animals inhaled it .

That was for the animal in the prison thing, not for the zoo animals.

Oh, I dont think they were intelligent.

They just wanted to escape

Around the Network
SqueakySamurai said:
Cirio said:
SqueakySamurai said:
Cirio said:

Slight spoilers maybe.

I worded it wrong. I meant to say that the ending left a lot of room to lead into a sequel. But for the other part, yeah I didn't get how the zoo animals became smart too. But I feel like everything was rushed near the end. I think they should've added another 15-20 minutes in the film and expanded on the "animal's riot" part because it felt like the ending came sooner than I had expected. They showed Ceaser's growing up life perfectly but his actions of vengeance seemed rushed.

Caesar took the cure and stabbed it open, releasing the gas, witch then filled the cages with it and the animals inhaled it .

That was for the animal in the prison thing, not for the zoo animals.

Oh, I dont think they were intelligent.

They just wanted to escape

Yes, he was just freeing them from captivity. As for the question about whether or not the ones from the lab were smart, I know for sure Scarface was (Not sure of his name). However I do believe the others from Gen-Sys were as well since I am sure Jacobs proceeded to increase testing, which is what caused Franco's character to quite his job.

I am almost positive that the monkey on the testing table during that scene was not Scarface.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Marks said:
I love the story and the atmosphere and everything. And Its nice to have a PotA movie set in modern day, like an updated version of the 60's originals.

I thought the movie itself was lacking a bit though. It was a bit slow going during the middle, and I found the big battle on the bridge at the end was kind of underwhelming. I thought the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie had a much better action sequence.

I do look forward to the sequel though. It should be interesting to see what they do with it. My bet is astronauts come back to Earth and find it overrun with apes. I wonder how many years in the future it will be set (after this one).

That would make sense since we see on the TV screen (When Dodge bitches about his cookies) that the first expedition to Mars has begun and later you see in the paper "Lost in Space", which is most likely in reference to that expedition. It would tie in perfectly with the originals.

Other than that you have the contagious virus caused from ALZ-113. The ending points us in the sequel going in this direction.

We already know what happens hundreds if not thousands of years in the future with this franchise. I would rather them keep the focus on what ultimately leads to the Earth becoming dominated by the Apes rather than just another trip to an Ape run planet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Marks said:
I love the story and the atmosphere and everything. And Its nice to have a PotA movie set in modern day, like an updated version of the 60's originals.

I thought the movie itself was lacking a bit though. It was a bit slow going during the middle, and I found the big battle on the bridge at the end was kind of underwhelming. I thought the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie had a much better action sequence.

I do look forward to the sequel though. It should be interesting to see what they do with it. My bet is astronauts come back to Earth and find it overrun with apes. I wonder how many years in the future it will be set (after this one).

That would make sense since we see on the TV screen (When Dodge bitches about his cookies) that the first expedition to Mars has begun and later you see in the paper "Lost in Space", which is most likely in reference to that expedition. It would tie in perfectly with the originals.

Other than that you have the contagious virus caused from ALZ-113. The ending points us in the sequel going in this direction.

We already know what happens hundreds if not thousands of years in the future with this franchise. I would rather them keep the focus on what ultimately leads to the Earth becoming dominated by the Apes rather than just another trip to an Ape run planet.

Yeah, there is basically two direct sequels they could do.

They could skip past the intial push of the virus accross killing all humans in a matter of a few months (movie showed it only took about a week to become deadly) and then focus on the new super intelligent apes (as they came into contact with dying humans they contracted it and became smart) that are now becoming the dominant species. This movie could follow a war of genocide as the very small % of humans immune to the virus stage a final stand and of course eventually die off.

They could  also simply redo the original movie where that lost mars exploration returns well into the future and well, you know the basics of the rest.

I personally want to see the first option as it seems far more interesting, then they could show the third movie, however, it will lose part of its appeal as the audience will already know which planet they are actually on.

Euphoria14 said:
Marks said:

Good point man that's exactly what I think too! My friend I saw it with didn't notice that thing about Mars and he doesn't believe me that it was there. It makes perfect sense like you say. 

Around the Network

My reasoning for the apes from the zoo becoming intelligent are apes are known for imitating. So since the apes that were freed from the zoos kinda imitated the smarter apes.

PDF said:
really enjoyed it. My favorite movie of the summer so far and I have seen Capt, Thor, Green Lantern, Harry Potter.

Would love for another but I have no idea where to go from here because the realistic possibility of Apes with spears vs man with Guns is silly. The movies ends right before it gets to become to unbelievable

The humans die of a disease then the apes take over. The apes never fight the entire human race.

PDF said:
really enjoyed it. My favorite movie of the summer so far and I have seen Capt, Thor, Green Lantern, Harry Potter.

Would love for another but I have no idea where to go from here because the realistic possibility of Apes with spears vs man with Guns is silly. The movies ends right before it gets to become to unbelievable

MASSIVE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must of actually paid attention. (select all the text in the black area to read)

There was no massive ape-human war... The virus that made the apes super smart, killed humans in a matter of days/weeks. During the credits it shows that the pilot contracted the disease and spread it throughout his flight which then spread throughout the world. Essentially, we died off to a disease while the apes who contracted it became brilliant and eventually the dominant species.

PDF said:

I though you were accusing me of massive spoilers.

I missed that the first time around but just rewatched the ending through illegal means - i feel a bit dirty

That being true, the humans would have gone into the redwoods right away to track down those apes to kill them.

At least it dones set up for the next movie in the series.  Battle for planet of the apes

While they surely woudl have went hunting, the redwoods would have provided a lot of room for these highly intelligent apes to stand their ground, hide, evade, etc. Then within a month as the massive virus would have been infecting the entire world... they would not have been a concern anymore. Additionally, as the virus spread to areas with more apes... they would be contracting it too and becoming intelligent as well as beginning their own reprisals against the falling human race.

Its this combination of the dual affect of the virus and the timing of it all that causes the eventual outcome. It really does fit together nicely.