By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why doesn't the world recognize Canada's military contributions?

When I first posted a reply in this topic I thought it was a friendly discussion. But this topic has been derailed by a few who seem to hate America so much they can't even talk about Canada without insulting her southern neighbor.

This is pretty much how this "discussion" has been going:

Canadian: Patriotic statement and/or question.

American: Reasonable response.

Non-American: Derailment with hateful, unreasonable, anti-American rhetoric.

American: Reasonable defense of America and or her actions. Or a patriotic statement on par with the OP's topic.

Non-American: Insults, accusations, and inflammatory anti-American history revisionist left-wing propaganda statements.

Flame War ensues.

I'm done with this topic. The original post has been lost. What's the point of a discussion when so few see reason? It's not worth the time or effort. Good day to you all. I'm going to go back to talking about video games where at least the fanboys only insult insignificant plastic boxes.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
When I first posted a reply in this topic I thought it was a friendly discussion. But this topic has been derailed by a few who seem to hate America so much they can't even talk about Canada without insulting her southern neighbor.

American: Reasonable defense of America and or her actions. Or a patriotic statement on par with the OP's topic.

Non-American: Insults, accusations, and inflammatory anti-American history revisionist left-wing propaganda statements.

Flame War ensues.

I'm done with this topic. The original post has been lost. What's the point of a discussion when so few see reason? It's not worth the time or effort. Good day to you all. I'm going to go back to talking about video games where at least the fanboys only insult insignificant plastic boxes.

I am non american, where have you seen me insulting anyone?

kain_kusanagi said:

Flame War ensues.

I agree the last few posts have completely derailed the thread. This wasn't an attack on America rather simply a question as to why Canadian soldiers don't get the recognition they deserve.

Some how the thread became against America, I don't even see Canada mentioned in a few of the most recent responses. If you want to talk about what America did or didn't do in WWII create a thread and chat about it there. If you want to talk about how Russia deserves all the credit create a thread and chat about it.

This thread was soully to talk about Canada's contributions and why the Canadians do or do not deserve credit for their heroic or non-heroic actions.

Please get back on topic if you want to continue posting. This thread was not created to attack anyone!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It's a stereotype that was created in order to give Americans a heightened sense of pride in their own military.

-Without Canada .... I could go on but you get my point.

The point I only get is that their are a lot off  'IF'  'Possible ' and 'could'.

That is like saying if the Norway agents didn't tried their best to sabotage the German plants where the Nazi's were trying to create an Atomic bomb the war would have been over immediately..All Nazi germany then needed was to drop one of those bombs on London. So without Norway  the war would have been lost....?

Their were like 50-60 countries involved in the war or even more; with half of them to stop Germany and a lot of those countries almost never make it into the movies and a lot of people have no idea what the majority of the countries did ,  Mention Finland and the Winter war and 99% of the people must admit they have no idea what you are talking about,  most even have no idea that France was split into an occupied zone and a Free zone (vichy zone), the WWII is so huge that it will take years of study to read what all countries did and what happened. 

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
-Without Canada .... I could go on but you get my point.

The point I only get is that their are a lot off  'IF'  'Possible ' and 'could'.

That is like saying if the Norway agents didn't tried their best to sabotage the German plants where the Nazi's were trying to create an Atomic bomb the war would have been over immediately..All Nazi germany then needed was to drop one of those bombs on London. So without Norway  the war would have been lost....?

Their were like 50-60 countries involved in the war or even more; with half of them to stop Germany and a lot of those countries almost never make it into the movies and a lot of people have no idea what the majority of the countries did ,  Mention Finland and the Winter war and 99% of the people must admit they have no idea what you are talking about,  most even have no idea that France was split into an occupied zone and a Free zone (vichy zone), the WWII is so huge that it will take years of study to read what all countries did and what happened. 

I do!

Thanks to Civilization II amusingly.

Finland is the secondfun "exception" to the rule when it comes to the general black & white view of WWII.

The first of course being the Soviet Union, but that's the one everyone already knew about.

Interested in a WWII sea story involving the Canadian navy?  Canadian corvette HMCS Ville de Quebec K242 sinks German uboat U-224 by ramming.  Survivors tell their story, including POW years in Canada:

http://ubootwaffe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1419