By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Jay-Z & Kanye West: Watch the Throne

It's out today, did you get it? and what do you think about it?

After listining to it a few times, yeah.. it's a great album.. very impressive.. I thought the 2 of them couldn't pull it of but they did..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I just went to Amazon MP3 to download it. I typed in "Watch the Throne" and I ALMOST downloaded "Watch the Throne by Kenya Wrist". Whoever that Kenya Wrist guy is, I bet he's about to make some money off of a bunch of anxious customers!

d21lewis said:
I just went to Amazon MP3 to download it. I typed in "Watch the Throne" and I ALMOST downloaded "Watch the Throne by Kenya Wrist". Whoever that Kenya Wrist guy is, I bet he's about to make some money off of a bunch of anxious customers!

lol... but for now it's an iTunes timed exclusive... (I ain't gonna say Apple Moneyhatted Jay-Z and Kanye... which could so easily be done...)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Well, since I don't have iTunes, I'm going to have to steal it. Too bad. I wanted to give Jay Z and Kanye my money.

I keep hearing from fans that its not that great, but then the reviews are great.

Around the Network

From what I previewed on iTunes, it is pretty good!

They changed That's My B**ch's beat though from how it originally was. Some classics are on there from what I can tell.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It quite simply ....is the best album of the year so far.....illest Mother Fucker alive.....Jay-Z murders the beat and any and all associates of it.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
It quite simply ....is the best album of the year so far.....illest Mother Fucker alive.....Jay-Z murders the beat and any and all associates of it.

I noticed Jay has just about 3 times as many verses as Kanye on this Album. Then again on the otherside, maybe thats how they wanted it, Jay Z spitting his verses, while Kanye lays back and leads the Production and Vision of the Album.

Necromunda said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I noticed Jay has just about 3 times as many verses as Kanye on this Album. Then again on the otherside, maybe thats how they wanted it, Jay Z spitting his verses, while Kanye lays back and leads the Production and Vision of the Album.

From what I can tell, Jay-Z usually tries just a bit harder when he's on a track with Kanye. Mr. West brings out the best in him; probably because Jay-Z never wants to get killed on his own track.

In this case,it makes more sense the rapper does the rapping, and the producerdoes the producin. Kanye, like stated earlier, most likely led the vision for the album.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Necromunda said:
ShadowSoldier said:

From what I can tell, Jay-Z usually tries just a bit harder when he's on a track with Kanye. Mr. West brings out the best in him; probably because Jay-Z never wants to get killed on his own track.

In this case,it makes more sense the rapper does the rapping, and the producerdoes the producin. Kanye, like stated earlier, most likely led the vision for the album.

Pretty much this. In allot of ways as well, Kanye West was never a "Great" rapper. He'll never be one of the greats in a pure rapping respect. However as an artist, producer, rapper, and visionary as a whole... Kanye is nothing short of superb.