By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Jay-Z & Kanye West: Watch the Throne

didn't know about it.
i'll wait tile most of the album hits youtube

Around the Network

Unfortunately I haven't bought it yet :(.

IamAwsome said:
Unfortunately I haven't bought it yet :(.

JUST DOWNLOAD IT. JUST DO IT. OH MY LAWD. Instant classic album IMO.

Necromunda said:
SaviorX said:
Necromunda said:
ShadowSoldier said:
It quite simply ....is the best album of the year so far.....illest Mother Fucker alive.....Jay-Z murders the beat and any and all associates of it.

I noticed Jay has just about 3 times as many verses as Kanye on this Album. Then again on the otherside, maybe thats how they wanted it, Jay Z spitting his verses, while Kanye lays back and leads the Production and Vision of the Album.

From what I can tell, Jay-Z usually tries just a bit harder when he's on a track with Kanye. Mr. West brings out the best in him; probably because Jay-Z never wants to get killed on his own track.

In this case,it makes more sense the rapper does the rapping, and the producerdoes the producin. Kanye, like stated earlier, most likely led the vision for the album.

Pretty much this. In allot of ways as well, Kanye West was never a "Great" rapper. He'll never be one of the greats in a pure rapping respect. However as an artist, producer, rapper, and visionary as a whole... Kanye is nothing short of superb.

You're right Kanye will never be considered a great rapper just from his lyrical ability alone...but when you factor in the whole package he's certainly the most artistic Rapper I've ever heard. And I like the ratio they have with Jay rapping a bit more then Kanye, since they both want to be at their best and in their element.

Also I love the chemistry these two have. Neither wants to back down so they make it really hard on the listener to decide who had the better verse. This is a classic...It's been a very long time since Hip Hop had two of it's top dogs record an album together...the last time I can even think of something like this happening (outside of any super-groups and whatnot) was when Talib and Mos Def joined up for those BlackStar albums

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

It's a great album and I don't even really like Jay Z's music. Apart from a few songs and unnecessary autotune, I'd say it's the second best album of the year.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

I'm sorry that I could never like Jay-Z. I liked one of his songs... Big Pimpin. That was probably because he had UGK in the song which are far more skilled than Jay-Z ever wishes he could be. Since I enjoyed Big Pimpin so much and never owned a Jay-Z cd I decided to buy the album which Big Pimpin was on. Turns out that entire album is pure shit. I tried to listen to it 2 or 3 times giving each song a chance. I believe I could bare maybe 1 or 2 of the songs. Compare that to a 2pac or UGK album and Jay-Z looks terrible. Rap has gone downhill since early 2000 and now is a pure joke. Just like almost the entire music industry.

overrated and definitely over-hyped not bad mediocre but just like i predicted the jay z are calling it a classic old ass mofo need to retire

I downloaded it on day one but I didn't listen to it until last night. I'm going to have to listen to it again before I post my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something.

In the meantime, do yourselves a favor and get your hands on Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Dreams. It's old (came out at the same time as "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" but it is great. It's the album I wish Kanye had released to the masses.

sethnintendo said:
I'm sorry that I could never like Jay-Z. I liked one of his songs... Big Pimpin. That was probably because he had UGK in the song which are far more skilled than Jay-Z ever wishes he could be. Since I enjoyed Big Pimpin so much and never owned a Jay-Z cd I decided to buy the album which Big Pimpin was on. Turns out that entire album is pure shit. I tried to listen to it 2 or 3 times giving each song a chance. I believe I could bare maybe 1 or 2 of the songs. Compare that to a 2pac or UGK album and Jay-Z looks terrible. Rap has gone downhill since early 2000 and now is a pure joke. Just like almost the entire music industry.

lol I thought I was the only one that thought Jay Z never made a good album in his life. He makes decent songs every now and again, but that's about it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

sethnintendo said:

Im sorry but IMO Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint alone shit on anyhting in UGK's catologue. It's a shame you've only listened to Vol 3. to base your whole opinion on Jay-Z

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi