By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sean Malstrom: Nintendo's 1st party abandoning 3DS for Wii U

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes 17 25.37%

No 19 28.36%

Neutral 13 19.40%

This Guy is Crazy! 16 23.88%

I'm happy about this :) 1 1.49%

Total:66

So this guy apparently knows what Nintendo's developing resources are and which platform they prioritise and that Nintendo has no other titles under development that are merely being kept secret. That's impossible so I assume this guy is either a) insane or b) a colossal jackass.

Around the Network

They ditched Wii for the 3DS.

Now that 3DS has somewhat failed, they will ditch it for the Wii U

DeadEye said:
So this guy apparently knows what Nintendo's developing resources are and which platform they prioritise and that Nintendo has no other titles under development that are merely being kept secret. That's impossible so I assume this guy is either a) insane or b) a colossal jackass.

Both of them... but most of the time he's right and I think he is. Just as he said, why would Nintendo cut the price this much if killer software was just around the corner? It make NO sense at all. They can't make the same mistake with the WiiU, all their efforts will be focused to create a strong lineup, but they won't have the manpower to do software for 3DS.  As he said, probably they expected big support from third parties, but with the low sales they're abandoning and just as the Wii, only Nintendo will be making decent games for a while.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Seece said:
I wonder if Wii and DS in all of this, will get ANY 1st party SW from Jan 12 onwards ... surely they can't support 4 platforms.

Well if Zelda gets another delay .... ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

This is why I do not read these bloggers.

Grrrr

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:
oniyide said:
He's mad because the type of games he like might not be made in abundance. I could understand that. But as a person who likes those Gamecube like games. Bring em!! LOL

hell yeah! I haven't really seen this change of direction in Wii U since they haven't shown any games, but if it's more like Gamecube and N64 and less like Wii, I'm all on board.

I knew i wasnt the only one. I swear i think SOME of these Ninty fans only care about Ninty being on top more than the actual games. Thats a little sad

Nintendo fans don't actually care about Super Mario Bros. as a game, that's a great assumption you are making there.

The bloggers tone tends to be a bit different than simply enjoying Super Mario Brothers. He seems to indicate that any game that doesn't sell 20 million units is a failure. He goes on tangents about how much of a failure 3D Zelda is, despite the fact that it's more successful than 2D Zelda, he still seems to go on about nothing but sales and how 2D Zelda was actually more successful. Some people certainly seem to care very much about sales. It's not bad or anything, but it's pretty obvious.

You know I'm not really sure why Maelstrom has been following Nintendo all these years.
Since all he likes is 2D stuff he should have sticked to the NES..........

Reminds me of one of those CAD engineers that are used to their 2D AutoCad and won't ever migrate to 3D..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Roma said:
why would they abandon 3DS for Wii U? they never abandoned the DS for Wii so...

This, actually, after the Zelda, the Mario, the ? hit and the Smash Bros (That is actually multiplat) WiiU might become the damaged one.

Edouble24 said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:
oniyide said:
He's mad because the type of games he like might not be made in abundance. I could understand that. But as a person who likes those Gamecube like games. Bring em!! LOL

hell yeah! I haven't really seen this change of direction in Wii U since they haven't shown any games, but if it's more like Gamecube and N64 and less like Wii, I'm all on board.

I knew i wasnt the only one. I swear i think SOME of these Ninty fans only care about Ninty being on top more than the actual games. Thats a little sad

Nintendo fans don't actually care about Super Mario Bros. as a game, that's a great assumption you are making there.

The bloggers tone tends to be a bit different than simply enjoying Super Mario Brothers. He seems to indicate that any game that doesn't sell 20 million units is a failure. He goes on tangents about how much of a failure 3D Zelda is, despite the fact that it's more successful than 2D Zelda, he still seems to go on about nothing but sales and how 2D Zelda was actually more successful. Some people certainly seem to care very much about sales. It's not bad or anything, but it's pretty obvious.

This, to add to that some people like Malstrom claims to not like the direction games went after SNES, but some people like him will still bitch and cry that they didnt get X HD game for Wii that is the type of game they have been avoiding all these years??? THat makes no sense, if you didnt care about those games during the PS1  /2 era, why so hot for them now???  Leads me to believe that it wasnt the direction games went, some people couldnt stand to see NInty not on top

Nintendo might be using a lot of it`s brands this year (Nintendogs, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, Zelda and Starfox remakes) but doesn`t mean that Nintendo is losing the game. Of all of those only Nintendogs and Mario Kart made it big on NDS and actually made it relevant anyway - not to mention those who didn`t appear on NDS. Nintendogs wasn`t a hit on 3DS but Mario Kart 7 could still be as big with time.
We still have to see what Nintendo has prepared for the casual crowd, a 2D Mario, a Kirby game , games that do take advantage of 3D (Wario Ware game?) a true 3DS Zelda game and who knows, an original 3DS Starfox or even a DK game.

Why should Nintendo abandon 3DS in favour of Wii U when there`s so much potential in it? Nintendo always juggled two consoles at the same time as long as i can remember. Better than anyone, they know how to do things.