By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would anyone have thought Wii would....

At the 1st day of 2008....

1 year into the "next gen" Nintendo Wii will be on the verge of hitting 20 Mil?

While the Sony PS3 is nearing 9 mil in the same time?

And 2 years into the game, Microsoft has only gotten rid of 16 mil 360's?

Is this the year of price cuts yet again for 360? because I see sony is silently creeping on microsoft's ho hum sales.

I predict Sony and Microsoft duking it out by dropping prices while Nintendo just continues to do its own thing on its own terms :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Trust me when ps3 is $299.99 thats when you will see sony dominating.

mM
leo-j said:

I won't dominate but it will crush the 36.  The Wii on the other hand will destroy them both.

leo-j said:

Yep just like the last predictions of other Sony fans that Sony will be dominating when the first pricedrop happened, or when Q3 2007 started, or when the 40gb came out, or when Uncharted came out, or when the FIRST DAY of 2008 happened, or when all this other crap happened.

Seriously bias predictions of events that supposedly will change the course of the market are getting obnoxious and petty.  If you really want to make a valid prediction then I suggest looking at trends, sales, and graphs, and analytically deriving a conclusion.

@zucas

Who knows? PS3 might take the first week of 2008..lol

mM
Around the Network

@leoj

the wii wil beat every one this gen whether you believe it or not! i play my 360 and ps3 a lot! but i play my wii a little more. (20 mins. more) the wii is 10 million ahead of ps3! there is no point of return for it now! the ps3 will undoubtedly crunch 360! but it won't beat wii no matter how many price drops!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

plus when the Wii price drop comes along its all over

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

leo-j said:
Trust me when Wii is $149.99 thats when you will really see nintendo dominating.

fixed!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

lol

Funny how you guys think the 360 is going to get crushed into the wind like its the dreamcast, microsoft wont sit by litting themselves die like sega did. X360 will soon gain market share.

mM
leo-j said:

You do realize Nintendo can drop in price as well and 199 and under is the mass market sweet spot

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)