By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, anyone have any plans to create 500,000 American jobs a month over next 5 years?

BrokenBones646 said:
Viper1 said:
BrokenBones646 said:

I actually do, just tax the super rich alot BUT only tax them if their money isn't doing anything, if their money is invested in something that jobs X number of people or more then they don't have to pay, so instead of paying the tax the super rich will just start businesses that employ people and not try to make massive profits just break even and if they don't use the money to make jobs

And how exactly do you monitor the investment factor of someone's money?

You don't moniter, they give proof it goes to giving people jobs or they pay the tax

I agree with this. Let the so-called "job creators" put their money where their collective mouth is, and either create jobs or gtfo.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
BrokenBones646 said:
Viper1 said:

1. That woudln't just export jobs, that would export rich people along with their money and the jobs they create.

2. How do you think businesses start up?  Loans.   How do you think businesses expand?  Loans.  Even most busniesses with lots of free capital with take out a loan to expand the business instead of paying outright.

1. Who said anything about exporting jobs, and the tax for transfering their money would be more then what they are contributing anyways

2. Most people just do it for houses and several people don't know how to start a buiness get a loan and go bankrupt leaving the bank with less money, it's one of the major reasons the colapsed happend, if the rich make jobs if the buisness fails they are just less rich

1. When you tax a company too much, they start looking elsewhere in the world where the taxes don't rape the,.  We already have the highest corporate taxation in the world.  Tax them for transferring money and they'll just move to another country.

2. Oh goodness. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Mr Khan said:
BrokenBones646 said:
Viper1 said:

And how exactly do you monitor the investment factor of someone's money?

You don't moniter, they give proof it goes to giving people jobs or they pay the tax

I agree with this. Let the so-called "job creators" put their money where their collective mouth is, and either create jobs or gtfo.

If they put a dime in the back, it's going toward creating jobs.  If they invest in something, it's going toward creating jobs.   A business owner doesn't just sit around and one day say, "Hey, I think I'll create a few jobs this week."    And others think, "I'd love to expand my business and hire new workers but I don't have enough liquid capital."

DarthVolod said:

I could solve the problem with two words, "less government." By that I am not referring to the republican's use of "less government" which for them are just political buzz words they like to slide into campaign adds and speeches just to get elected, but real pull backs of all facets of it. Not just entitlements, but military (especially military), education, public sector services of all kinds, and everything else gov based that you can think of.

Job creation requires business expansion and investment, and that is the last thing any sensible business would want to do right now. Fear is ubiquitous in today's climate, and that is precisely why companies are holding on to cash, laying off employees (health care reform is making this a very good idea now), and not even considering expansion. They all want to hold on to what they have because of a justified fear of the future economic situation of this country which will only get worse so long as the beurocrats in D.C. continue to gain control over more and more of an economy that they are both incompetent to run (I doubt most of these people ever had so much as a part time job before they were whisked away to Yale or wherever) and have no business "running" in the first place.

I think this Obama supporter with way more credentials than me says it best though: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59333.html

And for anyone that thinks public sector jobs are the answer to all of this ... Greece says "hi."

This attitude bothers me. Like the people jumping from failing company to failing company and filking them for all the benefits they can know anymore about business than the people in the government. Just as many of the higher-ups in business are those same kind of know-nothings, and there are quite a few people in government who know what they're doing just as much as there are actual people in business

This victimization of the businessman has to stop

I agree with the idea that we should make green investments. I mean, we're going to need to transition off of oil in only 30 years or we'll have total economic collapse, so we need an entire infrasctructure to somehow replace oil in that time, even if that just means going to biochar and biofuels, more recycling, greener infrasctructure adjustments in every municipality in the country, all sorts of stuff that needs to be done.

Mr Khan said:
DarthVolod said:

I could solve the problem with two words, "less government." By that I am not referring to the republican's use of "less government" which for them are just political buzz words they like to slide into campaign adds and speeches just to get elected, but real pull backs of all facets of it. Not just entitlements, but military (especially military), education, public sector services of all kinds, and everything else gov based that you can think of.

Job creation requires business expansion and investment, and that is the last thing any sensible business would want to do right now. Fear is ubiquitous in today's climate, and that is precisely why companies are holding on to cash, laying off employees (health care reform is making this a very good idea now), and not even considering expansion. They all want to hold on to what they have because of a justified fear of the future economic situation of this country which will only get worse so long as the beurocrats in D.C. continue to gain control over more and more of an economy that they are both incompetent to run (I doubt most of these people ever had so much as a part time job before they were whisked away to Yale or wherever) and have no business "running" in the first place.

I think this Obama supporter with way more credentials than me says it best though: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59333.html

And for anyone that thinks public sector jobs are the answer to all of this ... Greece says "hi."

This attitude bothers me. Like the people jumping from failing company to failing company and filking them for all the benefits they can know anymore about business than the people in the government. Just as many of the higher-ups in business are those same kind of know-nothings, and there are quite a few people in government who know what they're doing just as much as there are actual people in business

I agree with the idea that we should make green investments. I mean, we're going to need to transition off of oil in only 30 years or we'll have total economic collapse, so we need an entire infrasctructure to somehow replace oil in that time, even if that just means going to biochar and biofuels, more recycling, greener infrasctructure adjustments in every municipality in the country, all sorts of stuff that needs to be done.

We won't have an economic collapse, worse comes to worse and no big breakthrough happens we'll just use Natural Gas for a while.  We've got TONS of natural gas, and you can already run your car on it for 1/3rd the price of oil.

Natural gas is a better option then oil NOW for almost everything, people just don't want to convert everything over when it could just be replaced with some green technology shortly down the line.

I do agree a lot of people in government due know a lot about the buisness world.  It's just, they never get to make the buisness decisions, and instead we get failed keynsian polices that treat the economy as if it were an 6th grader's Algebra homework.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
DarthVolod said:

We won't have an economic collapse, worse comes to worse and no big breakthrough happens we'll just use Natural Gas for a while.  We've got TONS of natural gas, and you can already run your car on it for 1/3rd the price of oil.

If its about the marcellus shale thing, that phenomenon won't last long, or at least they're going to have to start regulating that industry, which is currently exempted from the clean air and clean water acts. Fracking for Marcellus Shale is perhaps one of the most environmentally devastating things the energy industry does nowadays, aside from open-pit mining

Reform is needed before mass natural-gas adoption will be an acceptable alternative

Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
DarthVolod said:

If its about the marcellus shale thing, that phenomenon won't last long, or at least they're going to have to start regulating that industry, which is currently exempted from the clean air and clean water acts. Fracking for Marcellus Shale is perhaps one of the most environmentally devastating things the energy industry does nowadays, aside from open-pit mining

Reform is needed before mass natural-gas adoption will be an acceptable alternative

Before it will be an acceptable alternative to massive economic collapse?

Aside from which, I think Marcellus Shale is supposed to provide like, 2 years worth of natural gas supplies for the US.  While the US is supposed to be sitting on something more to the tune of 90 years of supply for fueling the US.

There are a lot of places to start and things that need to happen. But if you really want to have a boom in job growth you need new ideas, new inventions, new investments that create a high demand for a product or service. But there needs to be big changes if we are to influence the realm of ideas and entrepreneurship. Where do we develop our realm of ideas? The education system.

It is evident through studies and facts that the American educational system has been in decline for years and not getting better even though many administrations have pumped more and more dollars into the system. We obviously know it hasn't been working. Each administration has opted to pump more money into its system. Results have been not so good. Many voices keep saying, "well it must need more funding then!"

What the Education system really needs is total reform. There are plenty of bad teachers in the system that are not getting weeded out. The reason why is, because of Union protections. If a public school wants to get rid of a problem teacher that is not doing their job its nearly impossible once that teacher has tenure. They have to spend large amounts of money and jump through countless loopholes to get rid of a bad teacher, so they give up on trying. Some of these bad teachers get placed into a pool of failing public schools where all the other bad teachers get sent. So in turn our system is not allowing us to get rid of the bad ones to make room for hiring the good ones. Teachers have way too many protections, and so the excess in bad teachers is hindering our educational system to teach upcoming work force. We are not creating enough entrepreneurs like we used to.

To create jobs we need a revolution in the realm of ideas and entrepreneurship. To fix the realm of ideas we need to fix the education system. To fix the education system we need real reform.

Kasz216 said:
BrokenBones646 said:
Viper1 said:
BrokenBones646 said:
silicon said:
BrokenBones646 said:

I actually do, just tax the super rich alot BUT only tax them if their money isn't doing anything, if their money is invested in something that jobs X number of people or more then they don't have to pay, so instead of paying the tax the super rich will just start businesses that employ people and not try to make massive profits just break even and if they don't use the money to make jobs

Technically if your money is in the bank it's doing something...Making money is something a corporation is requried to do legally...Taxing rich peolpe means the rich people will move their money to another country that doesn't tax as much...

This issue is really complex. Plus it's not only the number of people who are unemployed but also the type of work those who are unemployed are capable of doing.

They're not all engineers, which the US needs. It's mostly unskilled labour that can't find jobs ( I think last I heard unemployment in that sector could be as high as 16%). For engineers is 3%.

Thats why you put in an even bigger tax for moving large sums of money out of the country, just funnel them to the point where it's in their best interest to create jobs, and please banks mismangement of money is one of the main reasons this happened, money in the bank goes to loans not jobs

1. That woudln't just export jobs, that would export rich people along with their money and the jobs they create.

2. How do you think businesses start up?  Loans.   How do you think businesses expand?  Loans.  Even most busniesses with lots of free capital with take out a loan to expand the business instead of paying outright.

1. Who said anything about exporting jobs, and the tax for transfering their money would be more then what they are contributing anyways

2. Most people just do it for houses and several people don't know how to start a buiness get a loan and go bankrupt leaving the bank with less money, it's one of the major reasons the colapsed happend, if the rich make jobs if the buisness fails they are just less rich

1) he means the rich people would move, because the tax system is so idiotic.

2)  That isn't one of the major reasons the colapse happened... the collapse happened because the government forced banks to make  a bunch of bad housing loans that created an unheard of national property crash. (Property up and downs are ALWAYS local only).  This caused the derivitives market to fail.

If you know you are being forced to do something that is financially stupid, why would you leverage to the hilt against it, as they did?  It is not helpful to spin a story a certain way, in the face of reality  that says otherwise, just to prop up a view of reality.  It is correct to say that the government cheerleadered lending, and also pushed legistlation against redlining.  It is wrong to say, "Well, the excess leveraging on what is here didn't work, because the government made it so". 

But, you are free to believe as you like, even if it isn't totally connected with reality.

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

1) he means the rich people would move, because the tax system is so idiotic.

2)  That isn't one of the major reasons the colapse happened... the collapse happened because the government forced banks to make  a bunch of bad housing loans that created an unheard of national property crash. (Property up and downs are ALWAYS local only).  This caused the derivitives market to fail.

If you know you are being forced to do something that is financially stupid, why would you leverage to the hilt against it, as they did?  It is not helpful to spin a story a certain way, in the face of reality  that says otherwise, just to prop up a view of reality.  It is correct to say that the government cheerleadered lending, and also pushed legistlation against redlining.  It is wrong to say, "Well, the excess leveraging on what is here didn't work, because the government made it so". 

But, you are free to believe as you like, even if it isn't totally connected with reality.

That's rather simple.   It's called government backing.   If it all goes south, they'll bail you out.

Basically those government programs that pushed ARM's and high risk loans did so with the guarantee to the lender that the government would pay off bad debts.  Which they ended up doing. 

That called moral hazard.  Loans are lent out based on risk factors to the lender.  When the government removes that risk, what do they care if it gets paid back or not...Uncle Same will save the day.