By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, anyone have any plans to create 500,000 American jobs a month over next 5 years?

Legalize prositution, gambling, and marijuana.

Non of them are a real threat, and if legalized, there could be more safe locks put in place. This would boost the economy immensely. More doctors, more birth control, more card dealers, and new smoke shops. New regulatory committees, and new inspection agencies. More money trading hands, means more spending, means more employees, and more continued growth.

Loosen the reins on some non issue topics holding back job creation, and the flood gates will open.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
just 500,000 over 5yrs? why not 5m!

500,000 a month over next five years = 500,000 x 12 x 5. Or did I read that wrong?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Supply and demands.
When there are more demands, there will be jobs created to satisfy that demands.

So, when more people have the resources to spend, which translate to demands, you'll see jobs created around that. Be it services, food, hardware, etc.

The problem that we have today is that large amount of money are moving toward fewer people, which translate to fewer people having the capability to spend (more).

Good luck waiting for trickle down.

Faxanadu said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

500,000 a month over next five years = 500,000 x 12 x 5. Or did I read that wrong?

You read that right.  That means 30 million jobs over a 5 year period.  That is what the article said needs to be done, over the next 5 years to get back to levels of employment prior to the current crisis that hit.  I crunched the numbers and found that if you merely went with making up the loss of the jobs, plus 150,000 per month needed for population increase, it works out to be lightly more than half that, at 25000 jobs a month.

So anyone care to forecast a scenario where 250,000 jobs can be created over a 5 year period, if you slashed regulations to nothing and didn't tax anyone?  Is there a scenario that is the inverse of the Laffer Curver, where economic activity decreases permanently, because of lack of government involvement maintaining a minimum of standards to insure safety and stability in a society?  In short, a minimum tax is needed to maximize societal returns. 

Outsource the people to china, they're doing it with everything else.

Around the Network

Legalize prostitution.

(I didn't read the OP so if they mentioned legalizing prostitution, I apologize.)

BrokenBones646 said:

I actually do, just tax the super rich alot BUT only tax them if their money isn't doing anything, if their money is invested in something that jobs X number of people or more then they don't have to pay, so instead of paying the tax the super rich will just start businesses that employ people and not try to make massive profits just break even and if they don't use the money to make jobs

Technically if your money is in the bank it's doing something...Making money is something a corporation is requried to do legally...Taxing rich peolpe means the rich people will move their money to another country that doesn't tax as much...

This issue is really complex. Plus it's not only the number of people who are unemployed but also the type of work those who are unemployed are capable of doing.

They're not all engineers, which the US needs. It's mostly unskilled labour that can't find jobs ( I think last I heard unemployment in that sector could be as high as 16%). For engineers is 3%.

d21lewis said:
Legalize prostitution.

(I didn't read the OP so if they mentioned legalizing prostitution, I apologize.)

That's your answer for everything!

richardhutnik said:
Faxanadu said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You read that right.  That means 30 million jobs over a 5 year period.  That is what the article said needs to be done, over the next 5 years to get back to levels of employment prior to the current crisis that hit.  I crunched the numbers and found that if you merely went with making up the loss of the jobs, plus 150,000 per month needed for population increase, it works out to be lightly more than half that, at 25000 jobs a month.

So anyone care to forecast a scenario where 250,000 jobs can be created over a 5 year period, if you slashed regulations to nothing and didn't tax anyone?  Is there a scenario that is the inverse of the Laffer Curver, where economic activity decreases permanently, because of lack of government involvement maintaining a minimum of standards to insure safety and stability in a society?  In short, a minimum tax is needed to maximize societal returns. 

ok so i read it wrong

Faxanadu said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

your good i have no idea how i missed that.