By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the price cut cause you to buy a 3DS? (Non 3DS owners)

Is the price cut enough to cause you to purchase a 3DS?

Yes, at this price I will... 61 33.70%

No, the price should stil... 70 38.67%

I already own a 3DS, but ... 50 27.62%

Total:181

No, I'm not very much into portables, so my price limit for a portable is $100/100€. Then other conditions must be met, for example I find PSP controls not good for my tastes. A screen not too little, 4"-5", is more than welcome too. DS Lite is too little to be comfortable for my hands and its screen is way too little too. I want at least an analog stick. Obviously there is also the game library condition, but about that, it's quite sure that any console decently successful gets one wide enough for me to find more than enough games for my tastes by the time it becomes low cost. Last condition, not negotiable: no region lock, it's already bad in home consoles, it's unacceptable in portable ones.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

No. Not a big fan of 3d gaming and the thing that most turns me off from a potential purchase is that the 3DS does not have a multi touch capacitive screen. It's 2011 and I expect new consoles/handhelds to have substantial improvements to warrant a purchase. I can't believe they are still using a stylus.

I think when considering price, game library and functionality at this point in time the DS is still a much better choice which is disappointing to say the least. Hopefully Nintendo can do something to improve the situation but I'm not optimistic due to the limits of the touch screen.

edit

While I realise the games library will improve over time I still think that Nintendo didn't go far enough to improve functionality over the DS, hence I will stick with the DS for the forseeable future.

No

Nope. If anything i'm thinking of getting a used DS.

My PSP is pissing me off, my charging cables stop working after a few months a piece.

Sometime next year maybe. Depending on what games get released in Europe.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

games and other utility content application needs to pick up

price is about right,though it is nothing more than a DS.i will go with it

Maybe, if it gets the right game. I'm not a big fan of Nintendo's games, so unless third parties step in to fill the void, then I have no need for it.

And Nintendo didn't innovate with the augmented reality on the 3DS.

once pokemon and the mario games come out, I might. I will need a handheld badly this year because i will be travelling alot. All signs are pointing to the vita though, simply because I collect sony products and love their 1st party games.

I'm waiting for zelda and Pokemon, but my main focus lie on Vita.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I was thinking on buying it before the 12th to get those free games, but after a few days I've decided it's better to wait and see the effects of the price drop in Europe (especially the price wars in the UK). In the end, I might post-pone the purchase to next year, compare it to Wii U and see which system is better for me. Wii U could be all I need for home mobile entertainment. (Though both pedometer and streetpass features of the 3DS are interesting)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"