By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NOOOOO!: 1/2 the Founder of GameArts and Creator of Grandia Passes away at 45.. :(

Grandia creator Takeshi Miyaji dies at 45
8.01.11 / 12:38 / Sal Romano

Takeshi Miyaji, Grandia creator and G-Mode CEO, passed away on July 29. He was 45 years-old.

Miyaji and his brother Yoichi Miyaji entered the game industry at 19 years-old, when they created Game Arts. At the company, Miyaji created a number of classics, including the Grandia series, Silpheed, and Gun Griffon. He formed G-Mode in 2000, leaving his brother to Game Arts.

In their statement, G-Mode did not cite the circumstances of Miyaji’s death. Gaia Holding CEO Ryu Okoriyama will take Miyaji’s place as CEO of G-Mode.

Thanks, Andriasang.

Around the Network

Btw I did not mean to put this in SONY section this was originally a different thread.

It is alright, sad that he passed away, Grandia 1 and 2 were great games, and hopefully now I can try and enjoy grandia 3.

Acevil said:
It is alright, sad that he passed away, Grandia 1 and 2 were great games, and hopefully now I can try and enjoy grandia 3.

Grandia 3 was a fantastic game, minus the really "fruity" storyline. Unless your a story whore theres no reason not to enjoy Grandia 3 the rest of the game MORE than makes up for it.

Xxain said:
Acevil said:

Grandia 3 was a fantastic game, minus the really "fruity cliché"storyline. Unless your a story whore theres no reason not to enjoy Grandia 3 the rest of the game MORE than makes up for it.

Around the Network

Very sad, RIP.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

damn that sucks....R.I.P

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

R.I.P. Takeshi Miyaji. Thanks for making some great games over the years for me and everyone to enjoy.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

aww man r.i.p. grandia 3 was the shiz.

RIP. go where legends go