By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you approve your president/prime minister?

Do you approve your president/prime minister?

Yes 36 23.08%

No 103 66.03%

Not sure 14 8.97%

Total:153

a good politician is a dead politician, they all suck balls, and that's a fact, it's either a rotten egg, or a rotten egg with shit all over it.

Around the Network

Julia Gillard is ok "first woman Australian prime minister". i'm starting to think the only reason we voted her in is because to avoid people calling us sexist , btw her voice is annoying that you will stab your self in the ears lol

dsage01 said:
No not at all Steven Harper is a horrible president. But our governments worse Dalton Maguinty just eats up all your money and give nothing in return

on the bright side....he is a much better prime minister.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

how the hell am i supposed to dislike another cat person?!  (even if i thought he wasnt doing a good job, which i dont, 'cause he kicks ass)

He is usually quite good in a sneaky sort of way but sometimes quite bizzare. A different kind of politician for sure. As long as there is economic recovery and inflation doesn't go nuts. I guess he is pretty good for now. Steven Harper (Canada) 

wow, i am glad that views like sapphi snake are in the tiny extreme left minority (though they are growing, which is very very scary). if these views were more wide spread we would probably have another holocaust.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
wow, i am glad that views like sapphi snake are in the tiny extreme left minority (though they are growing, which is very very scary). if these views were more wide spread we would probably have another holocaust.

Don't exaggerate. I don't think he intends to exterminate the jewish people.

Also, Hitler was extreme right wing, so your logic is fataly flawed. So was the terrorist in Norway. Any ideology taken to the extreme can end up with a wacko killing hundreds.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

MrBubbles said:
dsage01 said:
No not at all Steven Harper is a horrible president. But our governments worse Dalton Maguinty just eats up all your money and give nothing in return

on the bright side....he is a much better prime minister.

No lol I messed up there. But still he promised 13 billion dollars and ate all the money up. And we all know what he did to a politician who bought a $1000 gift.

No.  I do not approve of Obama or hell of ANY of those politicians in Capitol Hill.

Every single one of them needs to go.  The only problem is, who will replace them? 

I cannot think of any politician/thid political party/movement/ANYTHING that would be better.

Can't stand Obama. But I'm not going to put the full blame on Obama, because he isn't the sole reason why things occur the way that they do. I can't stand our congress either (I'm not even talking just the current congress, pretty much every congress that has affected my life).

It would be pretty hard to get me a politician that actually meets my standards, though.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Troll_Whisperer said:
osamanobama said:

Don't exaggerate. I don't think he intends to exterminate the jewish people.

Also, Hitler was extreme right wing, so your logic is fataly flawed. So was the terrorist in Norway. Any ideology taken to the extreme can end up with a wacko killing hundreds.

Hitler was certainly not a right wing conservative ...

Fascism is a movement based in extreme nationalism and patriotism where the individuals role is to serve the state. Here is a direct quote from Hitler:

"What matters is to emphasize the fundamental idea in my party's economic program clearly -- the idea of authority. I want the authority; I want everyone to keep the property he has acquired for himself according to the priniciple: benefit to the community precedes benefit to the individual. But the state should retain supervision and each property owner should consider himself appointed by the state. It is his duty not to use his property against the interests of others among his own people. This is the crucial matter. The Third Reich will always retain its right to control the owners of property."

Direct points from the policy manifesto or the Nazi's:

9. All citizens of the State shall be equal as regards rights and duties.

10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. The activities of the individual may not clash with the interests of the whole, but must proceed within the frame of the community and be for the general good.

Therefore we demand:

11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.

12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in life and property, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as a crime against the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits whether in assets or material.

13. We demand the nationalization of businesses which have been organized into cartels.

14. We demand that all the profits from wholesale trade shall be shared out.

15. We demand extensive development of provision for old age.

16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a healthy middle-class, the immediate communalization of department stores which will be rented cheaply to small businessmen, and that preference shall be given to small businessmen for provision of supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.

17. We demand a land reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to confiscate from the owners without compensation any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.

Fascism was sold as a third way between communism and capitalism, but at its core it only adopts enough capitalism to make it a more effective economy for waging war. The best approximation for what an ideal fascist economy would look like would be to look at state-run capitalism in China, which allows for far more economic and personal freedom than Nazi Germany ever did.