By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Japanese enjoy Jack Sparrow over Harry Potter!

Tagged games:

I think the Japanese population relate to Jack Sparrow more because he's kind of fruity. I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
I think the Japanese population relate to Jack Sparrow more because he's kind of fruity. I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

LMFAO!

Well considering pirates has been out for 8 weeks longer there, I think HP could come close or just barely beat it

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone $152,993,493
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secret $142,786,414
Harry Potter and The Prizoner of Azkaban $121,600,000
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire $91,438,660
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix $80,564,009
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince $83,776,293
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 $82,000,882

Source: Box Office Mojo

Potter won't come anywhere near close Pirates 4.
P4 did more in it's 3RD weekend than Potter in it's 2nd ( 8.55M vs. 8.46M)

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
WAs that second weekend Giggs?

Totals for Harry Potter in Japan.

spurgeonryan said:
Its just already down to 8 million with plenty of summer left, and in the 40's total! I am always surprised when I go on the Japanese movie chart and see a Pokemon movie making bank! Anyone else notice that?

Pokemon is invicable in Japan, the franchise is timeless all ages enjoy it. Some new parents enjoyed it as kids and are bringing their kids to see it. Other older people love it from fond memories and playing the games. Then the current and future generations still enjoy the shit out of the best RPG ever made.

Infact its just sad to see that Pokemon isn't in theaters in North America. I'd much rather hear the most recent Pokemon film made it to North American theaters then Winnie The Pooh. Seriously I'd rather have the newer generations enjoying one of the greatest video game properties of all time then some stupid honey addicted bear.

Infact thinking back my favorite animated movie is probably Pokemon:TheFirstMovie. Well maybe thats tied with FullMetalAlchemist:conqueror of shamballa that was a dang good movie too. Today I still don't mind the movies each one is still enjoyable to watch even when they are made by Nintendo.

In the end its sad Pokemon isn't in our theaters but at least its a franchise doing well in Japan. Isn't it like the longest running movie franchise in Japan? I mean hasn't their been like 13 movies all of which or all but one which reached Japanese theaters. Thats a huge deal and it just shows how impactful the franchise has been on the Japanese culture and marketplace!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

HP7.2 = $108,614,265
PoC: OST = $108,856,481

Last week HP made $12m.