By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better - xbox achievements or ps3 trophies?

Which do you prefer?

Trophies 127 49.80%

Achievements 80 31.37%

Both 15 5.88%

Neither 23 9.02%

Im an idiot 10 3.92%

Total:255
fauzman said:
radiantshadow92 said:

They are both awesome. Now everyone shut the hell up and complain about why the hell nintendo doesn't have em yet.

Maybe they should have friend points alongside the friend codes. Lol.

Seriously though, they really need to overhaul their whole friend code system to make something thats much more user friendly before they can get onto this. Maybe the Wii U???

Wii U has no unified online system. Meaning no trophies/achievements.

What Nintendo does is they house in game awards. Super Smash Bros unlocks artwork, characters, levels etc. Metroid Prime unlocks arwork, bonus logs, and new costumes.

What I feel Nintendo should do is make in game awards comparable between friends. So that way individual games will have a comparable award system at least.

Oh well, at least PSV has trophies.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

most buy games used/new just to trophy them, then they sell it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Achievements = Total Score of all achievements obtained unified in one score. Original concept on XBox 360 from launch in 2005, 3 years before PS3 launched its own trophy to counter the popularity of 360 achievement score.

Trophies on PS3: tiered system with different trophies: bronze, most of the trophies are bronze, silver, 3 or 4+ per game, gold, 2 or 3 per game, and one ultimate platinum(must unlock all trophies in PS3/PSN game to obtain . PS3 also has a levelling system: more trophies you earn the higher levels you obtain.

Trophies. Its your personal RPG level on life.....assuming PS3 is your life lol

Im more of an achievement guy. Im more used to them, and just like the "gamerscore" idea. I think including them has increased my interest into individual games for longer periods of time. Im sure I would say the same thing though if I was more used to trophies. :)

Around the Network

Tophies have better leveling system and make for easier comparison of who's got tough vs easy stuff but Achievements are better integrated overall into the OS so a draw for me.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

People forget that from day one, when you unlock an "Achievement" on 360 the accompanying symbol has always been a picture of a trophy. In fact, next to your gamer score you always had a symbol of a trophy.

Now as far as how the actual Achievement/Trophy systems go, it's a matter of preference. Personally I prefer how better integrated the Achievement system is to XBL. Plus it was built in from the get go. And when you unlock an Achievement, it reflects instantly. No need to sync.