By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do sony fans hate the xbox more so than other console fans hate the competition??

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i would not have played GEARS for 6 yrs. i would have lost interest 2 yr's after its release.

wht ultimately wht drove me away from KZ2 was glitching. i spent 2 yr's on and off and 2 slightly different accounts playing KZ2.

a teleporting glitch kept me away for a month and then  a wall shooting glitch (shooting through walls) kept me away permanently.

i'm still playing GEARS2 (almost 2 yrs) on the lose ends account(not the actualy spelling of the name) i'm still on let for dead some wht and i won't go into the others.

ELEMINATE THE GODAAMN PYRAMIIDS! THIS SHIT IS LONG AS FUCK!

Around the Network
xS7SxSNIPER said:
demonfox13 said:
Ajescent said:
Perhaps maybe it's where you go that creates your perception, personally I mostly see kicks at the ps3 on this site, about 3 culprits come to mind with regards to aiming unnecessary kicks at the ps3.

Actually there seem to be quite a few on this site dude. DirtyP, Selnor (haven't seen much of him lately though), Slowmo, Seece (he's slowed down on it though), Jay520, and Rolstoppable just to name a few. In the end though who cares, just log on KZ3 and lets go kill people lol.

Do you have killzone 3? if you do, do you want to play?

Think I will hijack this thread to gather VGC people for KZ3 right now lol. Imma call it "LEts get on KZ3 now!!!"

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

demonfox13 said:
Ajescent said:
Perhaps maybe it's where you go that creates your perception, personally I mostly see kicks at the ps3 on this site, about 3 culprits come to mind with regards to aiming unnecessary kicks at the ps3.

Actually there seem to be quite a few on this site dude. DirtyP, Selnor (haven't seen much of him lately though), Slowmo, Seece (he's slowed down on it though), Jay520, and Rolstoppable just to name a few. In the end though who cares, just log on KZ3 and lets go kill people lol.

Where have I ever trolled the PS3?

The 360 and the ps3 imo are so close together with many multiplats with basically delivering the same experience. I dont care for kinet or ps move so to me bashing one or the other is pointless.

back in the day when i was younger i was on the whole xbox vs. ps2 but honestly now i dont see the point for these arguments nor would i waste my time defending one.

i own a playstation and honestly dont feel the need for owning a xbox. i hate halo and i hate gears but would like to play alan wake so its a sacrifice i will have to make. i also own a wii but only for the few must have games that it has....so im perfectly fine gaming on my ps3 and occasionally when it has a game (zelda skyward sword) i play the wii.

i

Jay520 said:
demonfox13 said:
Ajescent said:

Where have I ever trolled the PS3?

Never rofl, I picked on you because I am a huge boondocks fan and you have Huey there LOL. Anyways KZ3 now, join us!

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

i was waiting to see an updated post from you in your thread.

you named some games you don't like on 360 but fail'd to name some ya do.

i'm a GEAR head for 360 and God of War is always a treat, but my sentral posting history is mostly for Sony. this thread got heated while you were gone.

i love the Gears series, halo, Alan wake,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Mass effect,Metro 2033. i use to hate halo but now i love it.

i think i'm starting to find that same peace with HALO. HALO e seems to plat as well as REACH but as for the first 2 HALO'S i really didn't like them at all.

P.S. did you get the answer you seeked when starting this thread and wht did you learn/take from it?

I never played a Halo game until 3 but i finally started to like the game, i did get my answer, i learned a couple of things but most of the answers were mixed, any who i have both systems and i like them both. i never had a xbox until the 360, the game that got me hooked was gears of war 1.

yea i playd the original Xbox before i new about this stupid gamers console war and now i can't sleep without talking about this war, but the info is worth it i guse.

i tell ya wht i learned and thats the reason why i never enter a thread with a title like that. it was a toned down version of 2008.

i didn't want to make a thread to cause flaming or anything but i always see ps3 fans bashing the xbox console like the rrod and there few 1 party games and such.

i know your intentions were good but look wht happened. Sony fans are always on the defencive because of the early days here on VGC.

i don't know if you notice but someone already labled the 360 side as your side and they likely had no idea you own both consoles at the time.

sometimes its the title of the thread that gets the bashing started. if you would have put in your original post that you own both consoles that could have been avoided. also most op's let it known they want civil discussion so the spiral down won't happen. its still not as bad as it could have been though.

i know your new to the site but your not to to the forums. i know you've seen this before.

now i want to remind you that you are the OP. go back (optional)and find out how this crap started. see wht post got quoted and continued to spiral out of control.  its wht i do in all my threads but i haven't had a thread that lasted this long in over a yr lol. i mean i almost got called a troll when i did the verdict thread on Nintnedo at E3 2011 (i gave them an epic fail) most people on the site know i'm a Nintnedo fan. some people just don't like wht they read. compare the tone of the thread from the beginnig, middle, and now and you will see the difference in tone.

yea its sad to see the RROD thing continue when theres no evidence of it on the new slim modle, but its a fact and it did happen but it is old.

and as for the ip's. if MS wants me to buy there console they'll have to focus on there first party. show me there as dedicated to the 360 as Sony and Nintendo are to there consoles. i don't know about anybody else but i could use a few more innovative exclusive ip, even on the PS3 which has them 10 fold to the competition IMO.

i'll put it like this. i have a friend that is only going to get a PS3 (although he says PS3 is the better console he's core 360) because of GOD of WAR. yes i'm talking about 1 game here. that makes not one lick of since to me to buy a $300.00 dollar machine for one game. as i've said before in many other post the only reason for me to get a 360 is because i am a GEAR head, but i won't buy the arcade model for just one game; that makes no since to me but i'm sure others can justify the purchase.

i'll say it again. wait till the fall holiday season comes, and then you'll see how bad it gets. its all about sales.

Well i thought the viewers were going to see my gamercard thats the reason i didn't bother to say i own both consoles. Funny story  before i bought my xbox i was having a hard time choosing what system to get either the ps3 or xbox, i liked the ps3  because i owned all the sony systems but i was getting a little bored with there line up of games, my choice was clear as soon as i played Gears of war at a friends house i knew what system to buy even tho it was one game.

funny how those same games didn't return right lol?

really? one game decided everything! while GEARS is an insane must own IP regardless of which console you own. resting my future on one game is not something possible for me i need a list (8 this gen, went up to 15 this gen and next gen 20, and they all have to be new and nothing familiar. so as you can see i'm not easily bought)of dedicated franchises that cater to my interest and only the console manufacture can truly provide that.

at the end of the day its about unrivaled support. heres my current count of IP's/franchises per console  that i either have or plan to get. (PS3) 15+ and counting, (360) 2, (Wii) 8.

that's crazy spending $300.000 for 1 game. so wht else did you get with your 360 and wht made you get a PS3 in the end?

put a smile on.

Lol funny gears brought me six years of entertainment i played nothing but gears until the player count started to drop = ( i also got Alan wake,Halo 3,Halo reach,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Left for dead 2,Metro 2033 and a couple of arcade games.My main reason to got the ps3 was because of killzone 2 and the blu ray = )

i would not have played GEARS for 6 yrs. i would have lost interest 2 yr's after its release.

wht ultimately wht drove me away from KZ2 was glitching. i spent 2 yr's on and off and 2 slightly different accounts playing KZ2.

a teleporting glitch kept me away for a month and then  a wall shooting glitch (shooting through walls) kept me away permanently.

i'm still playing GEARS2 (almost 2 yrs) on the lose ends account(not the actualy spelling of the name) i'm still on let for dead some wht and i won't go into the others.

idk why i love Gears so much.

i seen someone glitch out in radec he was shooting threw a wall but only on that map.

were you there when gears 2 launched?

o_O.Q said:

i got it worst i bought my ps3 3 days ago and the inside cought fire reason unknow."

lol you remember posting that?

HOLY SHIT, That's Hilarious! 'reason unknown' X D

xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
o_O.Q said:
Jay520 said:

o_O.Q said:

no need for google here is my youtube account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPTZ1Vf2MKs

bold aren't we? a link! really?

i don't flame at all. i focus on facts. flaming is not helpful no matter the reason. the mods past and present here won't except it so i hope its not something you plan on doing here? i'm not a mod but i do look for those kinds of things and report them.

you've seemed level headed in your posting with me and i won't take that away from becuase of wht you do somewhere else. thats not my call.

while your reasons aren't sound to me they work for you which is fine, but i can't say there justifiable, but thats also not my call.

try the diplomatic approach instead or just stay away from the topic.  those are better choices when you think about it.

i quit Flaming i'm sliver, 1 month and a couple of weeks,

Torillian maybe late with his post as the damage is done, but a title change maybe wht this thread needs. you dodged a big bullet. your reall lucky.

i'm glad to here your flaming days are over Mr. silver tounge, but you have alot to prove to the vets/legends and now maybe even the mods of the VGC community solely based on this thread. IMO only.

so GEAR up as i've already given you a pass. i'll be watching.

your PS3 didn't really catch on fire did it? come on come clean.

o_O.Q said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
o_O.Q said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
o_O.Q said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
Jay520 said:

o_O.Q said:

-[quotes]-

LOL, exposed indeed

Seriously though, although this dampens his reputation greatly (not that he had one to being with), I don't think we completely write off what he says just yet though. We should judge the guy based on what he does on this site as opposed to what he does when he's not here.

I'm not trying to defend the guy. I actually don't like him so far. I'm just saying before everyone writes the guy off, give him a chance to prove if he'll be an actual troll or not. For all we know, he could mature and become a valuable member on the site, it's not likely but he deserces a chance to prove himself. I've met plenty of former-trolls here, hell, I was one of them. I myself have trolled a few n4g and youtube articles/videos in the past, and I don't think it would be fair for VGC to label me as a troll if I've been fairly reasonable on the site.

I will say this though, this thread is complete bullshit. I already suspected that this thread was just flame bait. It's quite ironic actually. Acting like he's confused as to why ps3 fans are such trolls, when he's quite an aggressive one himself. It turns out he wasn't actually curious to anyone's answers, he just wanted to rile people up.

Anyways, I have the answer to your quetion xs7sxsniper: THEY BASH THE XBOX BECAUSE YOU DO THE SAME THE PS3.

The thread should be locked IMO. It was already flamebait, but now we have proof that the guy is no better than the trolls he's referring to

It'll be interesting to see his defense...
... maybe it's a different xs7sxsniper, LOL!

My bashing started not to long ago, why lie i do bash here in there sometimes when it's needed not because i want to but just because  at times i find it unfair to bash the 360 so much, look at attack of the fanboys or N4G as a example there's no one defending the 360 so why not bash a little?i never said that i don't flame did i?

... google allows people to filter searches by date sniper... why continue with the bs?

Thats why check the date please, to me thats not a long time is it to you?

example 7 months ago on a mag video : "it floped LOL" theres plenty more where that came from but i'm not bothering to post more

cmon sniper just admit it you love the 360 and hate the ps3 and can't see why everyone else isn't the same... personally i could care less thats your opinion but don't try to bullshit people

but i told you i quit flaming can you understand that? i use to flame not anymore, why can't you understand????

i got it worst i bought my ps3 3 days ago and the inside cought fire reason unknow."

lol you remember posting that?

that wasn't trolling my ps3 did catch on fire one of the plastic was defective i send it to sony for a fix.that was a slim model 12ogb i have a ps3 phat and a slim

Jay520 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

ELEMINATE THE GODAAMN PYRAMIIDS! THIS SHIT IS LONG AS FUCK!

my bad Jay

i wasn't thinking just posting