By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do sony fans hate the xbox more so than other console fans hate the competition??

double post removed by user

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

this is pointless. now your accusing someone of being a blind basher. its his sig he can put wht he wants in it as long as it doesn't violate site rules, and if you got a complaint check with Machina.

hey as a Nintendo fan i laugh at all things Nintnedo this gen as i see nothing worth the purchase of a Wii other then Legend of Zelda skiward sword.

did you look at the sig? it is blind bashing, and no I have no complaints, if you read my initial post I just commented implying that his statement didn't feel honnest because of his sig.

So you're a nintendo fan but don't appreciate SMG NSMBW MKW FireEmblem SmashBros... sounds more like a zelda fan only ;-p (unless you're a fan of portable nintendo which is fine too)

srry for the noob comment earlyer. that's not my style.

ok then. the only question i have now is why did you bring it up(pointless assumption if you ask me) instead of dragging it on for over 4 pages. can't you see that made no since?

no i hate handhelds at this point, and Nintendo is lacking that special quality they use to have in there games, but more to the point. everybody here should know my style by now, and that's to defend the big three for wht they do right and make them pay for wht they do wrong.

there are no saints when it comes to the big3 or the gamers on either side that start this bashing or the ones that egg it on. classless if you ask me. 

i hate the last zelda as it seemed to make no since, and for me it didn't fill like a zelda game. skyward sword seems to be more of wht i'm looking for.

i have yet to pick up FireEmblem,but will in time. from gen 5 to now SmashBros has always been my go to game for Nintnedo, and SMG NSMBW are just games i over looked but SMG is the one i don't own and will get soon. i guse i asked for that one.

Because MS fans do the same. Plain and simple.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Hephaestos said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Generalizing is a bad thing. >_>
I am a Sony fan to you know but I am not blindly bashing the 360.

nice anti nintendo signature Mr non blind basher......

Woah! Woah! Woah! I never thought my sig will turn into some useless heated debate.

First off, I really found my sigs very funny. Even until now. I posted a lot of funny GIF and funny on my sigs before like this one. 

This is one of my first funny gifs I place on my sig until I found the Miyamoto, Kojima and Iwata GIFS (EPIC FUNNY MOMENTS) and replace it. I actually put a lot of transaltor-san meme on my GIF before.

I also put a lot of Funny E3 moments after last year's E3  but because of the 1mb limit I have to remove those. (PS I really hate the 1mb limit because I can't put funny GIFs I found in the web anymore without removing the 2 sigs I have) I also remember putting a GIF on my SIG  before with Kojima on MS E3 conference. Yeah! on MS conference. 

Secondly. The 2 laughing smileys I have there. I put those two Gintama Smiley  on my sig instead of a  ordinary lauging smiley because Gintama is one of my favorite anime and that anime is super funny. I actually put the whole cast in my sig before and I had to remove it because of the 1mb limit.

Third. SORRY!! for not answering so soon because I don't have life outside the interwebs and I am not very busy today and when I got home and I log-on. I don't have to read 100 posts from this thread. super///////SARCASM!!

Fourth. I remeber a lot of posters here found my sig very funny  before. Even Lafiel and Rol thinks it's funny. Actually, you are the only person that find my sig offensive??? and had a problem  and  had a serious issue with it. If you have problem with my sig you should have posted on my wall instead of labeling me and accusing me of being a blind basher and such.

Lastly. This is the 2nd time you accused me of being nintendo hater and now I know why.

I said this before. I may be bias but I am capable of being fair.

PS. Thanks for the people who defended me especially M.U.G.E.N.

Before I forgot

xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

i was waiting to see an updated post from you in your thread.

you named some games you don't like on 360 but fail'd to name some ya do.

i'm a GEAR head for 360 and God of War is always a treat, but my sentral posting history is mostly for Sony. this thread got heated while you were gone.

i love the Gears series, halo, Alan wake,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Mass effect,Metro 2033. i use to hate halo but now i love it.

i think i'm starting to find that same peace with HALO. HALO e seems to plat as well as REACH but as for the first 2 HALO'S i really didn't like them at all.

P.S. did you get the answer you seeked when starting this thread and wht did you learn/take from it?

I never played a Halo game until 3 but i finally started to like the game, i did get my answer, i learned a couple of things but most of the answers were mixed, any who i have both systems and i like them both. i never had a xbox until the 360, the game that got me hooked was gears of war 1.

yea i playd the original Xbox before i new about this stupid gamers console war and now i can't sleep without talking about this war, but the info is worth it i guse.

i tell ya wht i learned and thats the reason why i never enter a thread with a title like that. it was a toned down version of 2008.

i didn't want to make a thread to cause flaming or anything but i always see ps3 fans bashing the xbox console like the rrod and there few 1 party games and such.

i know your intentions were good but look wht happened. Sony fans are always on the defencive because of the early days here on VGC.

i don't know if you notice but someone already labled the 360 side as your side and they likely had no idea you own both consoles at the time.

sometimes its the title of the thread that gets the bashing started. if you would have put in your original post that you own both consoles that could have been avoided. also most op's let it known they want civil discussion so the spiral down won't happen. its still not as bad as it could have been though.

i know your new to the site but your not to to the forums. i know you've seen this before.

now i want to remind you that you are the OP. go back (optional)and find out how this crap started. see wht post got quoted and continued to spiral out of control.  its wht i do in all my threads but i haven't had a thread that lasted this long in over a yr lol. i mean i almost got called a troll when i did the verdict thread on Nintnedo at E3 2011 (i gave them an epic fail) most people on the site know i'm a Nintnedo fan. some people just don't like wht they read. compare the tone of the thread from the beginnig, middle, and now and you will see the difference in tone.

yea its sad to see the RROD thing continue when theres no evidence of it on the new slim modle, but its a fact and it did happen but it is old.

and as for the ip's. if MS wants me to buy there console they'll have to focus on there first party. show me there as dedicated to the 360 as Sony and Nintendo are to there consoles. i don't know about anybody else but i could use a few more innovative exclusive ip, even on the PS3 which has them 10 fold to the competition IMO.

i'll put it like this. i have a friend that is only going to get a PS3 (although he says PS3 is the better console he's core 360) because of GOD of WAR. yes i'm talking about 1 game here. that makes not one lick of since to me to buy a $300.00 dollar machine for one game. as i've said before in many other post the only reason for me to get a 360 is because i am a GEAR head, but i won't buy the arcade model for just one game; that makes no since to me but i'm sure others can justify the purchase.

i'll say it again. wait till the fall holiday season comes, and then you'll see how bad it gets. its all about sales.

Around the Network
padib said:

And I think that's true Marcus D. I think now it's more important for us as fans to push the content we like by only buying what we enjoy, not what we're being fed. I'm doing that more and more. Brace yourself though, with downloadable purchases it'll get even more tempting to buy a potentially crappy piece of junk software without questioning the purchase, as it's only a click away. :) We'll need to be even more concious as consumers as to the power of our purchases, for the better or for the worse.

nice to see somebody gets it lol.

i couldn't agree more.

woorooney said:
sony fans tend to believe that only exclusives matter, especially the big number that sony keeps pumping out when compared to the smaller pool of exclusives microsoft produces.

some gamers, like myself need only a limited amount of exclusives, because there are a ton of multiplatform games worth buying

exclusives though are not the only factor when establishing a preference, controller, online, hardware quality, price are equally important

to sum up, bigger variety of exclusives coupled with a sense that because sony was dominating in the past, it must be the same now drives some sony fans on edge

add to that that most of them believe that microsoft is evil and only cares about profit(like ALL CORPORATIONS) and you might get an explanation of their actions

the above do not mean that there are not microsoft fans that troll and bash sony

then why choose to buy a console? get a PC but wait you say that exclusives don't matter right?

would people buy a 360 if all platforms have HALO? would people buy a Wii if every console had Mario? would people buya PC if consoles could rival the power for 10 yrs and not need to be upgraded?

would people buy a 360 if Uncharted was on every console? why would anybody buy a PS3 for GEARS of War when its available for every console. your not making any sence to me. think about it! all sides talk about there exclusives so exclusisves do matter. don't be blind.

would you buy a console for one game? that's something i'd never do and i hope you wouldn't waste $300.00 on a new or used console for just one game.

i've said it more then twice and i'll say it again. i need 15(5 of the 15 need to be new IP) dedicated exclusive innovative franchises and one sequal for those franchises that catter to my interest for me to even consider purchasing any console and thats why the only console i've purchased this gen is a PS3. 

3rd party is just a bonus nothing more. srry not big on 3rd party.

My thoughts are similar to what some have posted...

Basically a big part of it is about the competition. PS3 and X360 basically offer the same type of gaming just each with different exclusives and different minor methods of how the systems offer content. You will have the same type of hate fanboyism from X360 fans that you do with PS3 fans. I think the PS3 fans do have a right to be frustrated and feel agitated. Sony had a huge fanbase and then here comes MS and steals some of the hardcore gaming community.

The best example would be like if you were a X360 fan and suddenly Apple decided to get in the console market and made a very attractive hard core gaming console to rival MS's console. It would be another rival and steal some fans from X360 and PS3. So really X360 fans were born from what MS created. PS3 fans were already existing and had to sit by and watch a new system similar to what their favorite one offers come to the seen and intrude. That surely would be frustrating, and thats why you may see that frustration come out. But fanboyism its truly on both sides.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Hephaestos said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Generalizing is a bad thing. >_>
I am a Sony fan to you know but I am not blindly bashing the 360.

nice anti nintendo signature Mr non blind basher......

Woah! Woah! Woah! I never thought my sig will turn into some useless heated debate.

First off, I really found my sigs very funny. Even until now. I posted a lot of funny GIF and funny on my sigs before like this one. 

This is one of my first funny gifs I place on my sig until I found the Miyamoto, Kojima and Iwata GIFS (EPIC FUNNY MOMENTS) and replace it. I actually put a lot of transaltor-san meme on my GIF before.

I also put a lot of Funny E3 moments after last year's E3  but because of the 1mb limit I have to remove those. (PS I really hate the 1mb limit because I can't put funny GIFs I found in the web anymore without removing the 2 sigs I have) I also remember putting a GIF on my SIG  before with Kojima on MS E3 conference. Yeah! on MS conference. 

Secondly. The 2 laughing smileys I have there. I put those two Gintama Smiley  on my sig instead of a  ordinary lauging smiley because Gintama is one of my favorite anime and that anime is super funny. I actually put the whole cast in my sig before and I had to remove it because of the 1mb limit.

Third. SORRY!! for not answering so soon because I don't have life outside the interwebs and I am not very busy today and when I got home and I log-on. I don't have to read 100 posts from this thread. super///////SARCASM!!

Fourth. I remeber a lot of posters here found my sig very funny  before. Even Lafiel and Rol thinks it's funny. Actually, you are the only person that find my sig offensive??? and had a problem  and  had a serious issue with it. If you have problem with my sig you should have posted on my wall instead of labeling me and accusing me of being a blind basher and such.

Lastly. This is the 2nd time you accused me of being nintendo hater and now I know why.

I said this before. I may be bias but I am capable of being fair.

PS. Thanks for the people who defended me especially M.U.G.E.N.

Before I forgot

Quote from NoCtis_NoX I may be bias but I am capable of being fair

i had no problem defending you. i say it was the right thing to do. i remeber seeing your sig , and remeber your name lol.

i never really pay'd any attention to your sig before this and it does seem funny but i don't get it?

The original poster raises a valid point. There are lobbies within this community, and the Pro-Sony lobby is probably the most aggressive of the lot. You see every community has its own unique nature. They are not all the same, and while the console war may play out in many communities no two are exactly the same. This community has more then its fair share of die hard Sony loyalists who are more aggressive then the average poster. While the Microsoft contingent and that of Nintendo are more low key.

To be fair it plays out different in other forums. I know of a number of forums where. The exact opposite is true of what is going on. Where there are large numbers of Nintendo or Microsoft loyalists who routinely tear each other new ones, or have beaten the Sony loyalists into a pulp. It really differs from place to place. These forums aren't a microcosm of what takes place all over the net. In fact these forums seem more deflated then anything else. Like all the players got spent ages ago.

Which probably explains this particular disparity. The other two communities were equal to the Sony lobby earlier in this generation. Before Nintendo ran away with the generation, and those fans started to filter away feeling they were vindicated. The Microsoft fans also waned, because the top spot was out of reach, but Sony had lost. That really left the Sony contingent looking for some kind of victory, and since the differences have always shrank for years. They still have some kind of hope to take the second spot position.

What makes this community different is its focus on the sales figures. Which are the indisputable arbiter of who is right, and who is wrong. Unlike other communities where the cult of personality or forming up cliques will lead to dominance. Here the numbers decide. Frustration obviously abounds, but in the end it is kind of pointless.