By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do sony fans hate the xbox more so than other console fans hate the competition??

Hephaestos said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:

i always see the ps3 community bash the xbox for anything, example a feature or a game ect, why so much hate?

(nintendo always gets hate cause they have their own field that others just can't grasp even in copy)

Lol don't get too carried away there buddy, this is Nintendo's first win since the SNES. Let's see how next gen goes before we start saying how great Nintendo is. If Nintendo wins 2 in a row I'll admit they're back on top. 

Around the Network

It goes both ways. You probably only notice Sony fans ripping on 360 fans more because there are more Sony fans then 360 fans.

However to answer your question, Sony has never had as strong of a direct competition. PS1 and PS2 outsold Nintendo and X-Box by landslide figures, now Sony is third, and selling very very closely with second place. Loosing to Nintendo in terms of sales is fine, Nintendo is the oldest company, and they made a cheap system to appeal to casual gamers. However loosing to Microsoft is embarrassing for Sony, so their fans do take arms.

That said, PS3 has recently been seeing stronger software support. In 2010 and prior, Microsoft had better exclusive lineups, but now with Kinect, MS has kind of dropped the ball on core gamers. This gives Sony fans something to rip on. If PS3 looses to 360 overall in terms of sales, it's because of the casual Kinect add-on generating sales, and if they win, they win. Glory is achieved.

Also, Sony has a lot more first party studios developing their games, and they make more genres of games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

S.T.A.G.E. said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

i was waiting to see an updated post from you in your thread.

you named some games you don't like on 360 but fail'd to name some ya do.

i'm a GEAR head for 360 and God of War is always a treat, but my sentral posting history is mostly for Sony. this thread got heated while you were gone.

i love the Gears series, halo, Alan wake,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Mass effect,Metro 2033. i use to hate halo but now i love it.

i think i'm starting to find that same peace with HALO. HALO e seems to plat as well as REACH but as for the first 2 HALO'S i really didn't like them at all.

P.S. did you get the answer you seeked when starting this thread and wht did you learn/take from it?

I never played a Halo game until 3 but i finally started to like the game, i did get my answer, i learned a couple of things but most of the answers were mixed, any who i have both systems and i like them both. i never had a xbox until the 360, the game that got me hooked was gears of war 1.

yea i playd the original Xbox before i new about this stupid gamers console war and now i can't sleep without talking about this war, but the info is worth it i guse.

i tell ya wht i learned and thats the reason why i never enter a thread with a title like that. it was a toned down version of 2008.

i didn't want to make a thread to cause flaming or anything but i always see ps3 fans bashing the xbox console like the rrod and there few 1 party games and such.

1. The RROD argument is bullshit and nonsense only revolving around the crappy old 360 models. The new 360 is much better from my experience.

2. The gripe that not just PS3 gamers but the gaming media seems to have with Microsoft is their lack of core first party IP's. Gears is finished and Halo will not be enough for the 360 gamer (or is it really that easy to quench their thirst? If so...congrats to Microsoft for focusing on the casuals completely at E3)

i had my xbox for 6 years no rrod thankfully but now i want it to die so i can go buy me the new gears of war limited console .

Allfreedom99 said:
My thoughts are similar to what some have posted...

Basically a big part of it is about the competition. PS3 and X360 basically offer the same type of gaming just each with different exclusives and different minor methods of how the systems offer content. You will have the same type of hate fanboyism from X360 fans that you do with PS3 fans. I think the PS3 fans do have a right to be frustrated and feel agitated. Sony had a huge fanbase and then here comes MS and steals some of the hardcore gaming community.

The best example would be like if you were a X360 fan and suddenly Apple decided to get in the console market and made a very attractive hard core gaming console to rival MS's console. It would be another rival and steal some fans from X360 and PS3. So really X360 fans were born from what MS created. PS3 fans were already existing and had to sit by and watch a new system similar to what their favorite one offers come to the seen and intrude. That surely would be frustrating, and thats why you may see that frustration come out. But fanboyism its truly on both sides.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Most of us had playstations at one point. Most xbox players are just former ps1/ps2 players. I used to only own a playstation, and before that I was a little boy being introduced to videogames with nintendo. I haven't touched a nintendo system since the mid 90's, I've outgrown them so I moved on, no brand loyalty, no nostalgia. And if apple makes a system that I like better than xbox then I'll jump ship again. Fanboyism spanning generations is pretty silly.

padib said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
woorooney said:
sony fans tend to believe that only exclusives matter, especially the big number that sony keeps pumping out when compared to the smaller pool of exclusives microsoft produces.

some gamers, like myself need only a limited amount of exclusives, because there are a ton of multiplatform games worth buying

exclusives though are not the only factor when establishing a preference, controller, online, hardware quality, price are equally important

to sum up, bigger variety of exclusives coupled with a sense that because sony was dominating in the past, it must be the same now drives some sony fans on edge

add to that that most of them believe that microsoft is evil and only cares about profit(like ALL CORPORATIONS) and you might get an explanation of their actions

the above do not mean that there are not microsoft fans that troll and bash sony

then why choose to buy a console? get a PC but wait you say that exclusives don't matter right?

would people buy a 360 if all platforms have HALO? would people buy a Wii if every console had Mario? would people buya PC if consoles could rival the power for 10 yrs and not need to be upgraded?

would people buy a 360 if Uncharted was on every console? why would anybody buy a PS3 for GEARS of War when its available for every console. your not making any sence to me. think about it! all sides talk about there exclusives so exclusisves do matter. don't be blind.

would you buy a console for one game? that's something i'd never do and i hope you wouldn't waste $300.00 on a new or used console for just one game.

i've said it more then twice and i'll say it again. i need 15(5 of the 15 need to be new IP) dedicated exclusive innovative franchises and one sequal for those franchises that catter to my interest for me to even consider purchasing any console and thats why the only console i've purchased this gen is a PS3. 

3rd party is just a bonus nothing more. srry not big on 3rd party.

I think he means he doesn't care much about exclusives, and could feed off multi-plats. His tastes differ from most of us. So the differentiating factor for him would be the controller, System user interface and other services or peripherals.

ok

for me the controles feel the same. no difference. my hands go right where they need to. i hear people talk about the diff in the controlers all the time and just don't see/feel them

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

i'm a GEAR head for 360 and God of War is always a treat, but my sentral posting history is mostly for Sony. this thread got heated while you were gone.

i love the Gears series, halo, Alan wake,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Mass effect,Metro 2033. i use to hate halo but now i love it.

i think i'm starting to find that same peace with HALO. HALO e seems to plat as well as REACH but as for the first 2 HALO'S i really didn't like them at all.

P.S. did you get the answer you seeked when starting this thread and wht did you learn/take from it?

I never played a Halo game until 3 but i finally started to like the game, i did get my answer, i learned a couple of things but most of the answers were mixed, any who i have both systems and i like them both. i never had a xbox until the 360, the game that got me hooked was gears of war 1.

yea i playd the original Xbox before i new about this stupid gamers console war and now i can't sleep without talking about this war, but the info is worth it i guse.

i tell ya wht i learned and thats the reason why i never enter a thread with a title like that. it was a toned down version of 2008.

i didn't want to make a thread to cause flaming or anything but i always see ps3 fans bashing the xbox console like the rrod and there few 1 party games and such.

i know your intentions were good but look wht happened. Sony fans are always on the defencive because of the early days here on VGC.

i don't know if you notice but someone already labled the 360 side as your side and they likely had no idea you own both consoles at the time.

sometimes its the title of the thread that gets the bashing started. if you would have put in your original post that you own both consoles that could have been avoided. also most op's let it known they want civil discussion so the spiral down won't happen. its still not as bad as it could have been though.

i know your new to the site but your not to to the forums. i know you've seen this before.

now i want to remind you that you are the OP. go back (optional)and find out how this crap started. see wht post got quoted and continued to spiral out of control.  its wht i do in all my threads but i haven't had a thread that lasted this long in over a yr lol. i mean i almost got called a troll when i did the verdict thread on Nintnedo at E3 2011 (i gave them an epic fail) most people on the site know i'm a Nintnedo fan. some people just don't like wht they read. compare the tone of the thread from the beginnig, middle, and now and you will see the difference in tone.

yea its sad to see the RROD thing continue when theres no evidence of it on the new slim modle, but its a fact and it did happen but it is old.

and as for the ip's. if MS wants me to buy there console they'll have to focus on there first party. show me there as dedicated to the 360 as Sony and Nintendo are to there consoles. i don't know about anybody else but i could use a few more innovative exclusive ip, even on the PS3 which has them 10 fold to the competition IMO.

i'll put it like this. i have a friend that is only going to get a PS3 (although he says PS3 is the better console he's core 360) because of GOD of WAR. yes i'm talking about 1 game here. that makes not one lick of since to me to buy a $300.00 dollar machine for one game. as i've said before in many other post the only reason for me to get a 360 is because i am a GEAR head, but i won't buy the arcade model for just one game; that makes no since to me but i'm sure others can justify the purchase.

i'll say it again. wait till the fall holiday season comes, and then you'll see how bad it gets. its all about sales.

Well i thought the viewers were going to see my gamercard thats the reason i didn't bother to say i own both consoles. Funny story  before i bought my xbox i was having a hard time choosing what system to get either the ps3 or xbox, i liked the ps3  because i owned all the sony systems but i was getting a little bored with there line up of games, my choice was clear as soon as i played Gears of war at a friends house i knew what system to buy even tho it was one game.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:

i know your intentions were good but look wht happened. Sony fans are always on the defencive because of the early days here on VGC.

i don't know if you notice but someone already labled the 360 side as your side and they likely had no idea you own both consoles at the time.

sometimes its the title of the thread that gets the bashing started. if you would have put in your original post that you own both consoles that could have been avoided. also most op's let it known they want civil discussion so the spiral down won't happen. its still not as bad as it could have been though.

i know your new to the site but your not to to the forums. i know you've seen this before.

now i want to remind you that you are the OP. go back (optional)and find out how this crap started. see wht post got quoted and continued to spiral out of control.  its wht i do in all my threads but i haven't had a thread that lasted this long in over a yr lol. i mean i almost got called a troll when i did the verdict thread on Nintnedo at E3 2011 (i gave them an epic fail) most people on the site know i'm a Nintnedo fan. some people just don't like wht they read. compare the tone of the thread from the beginnig, middle, and now and you will see the difference in tone.

yea its sad to see the RROD thing continue when theres no evidence of it on the new slim modle, but its a fact and it did happen but it is old.

and as for the ip's. if MS wants me to buy there console they'll have to focus on there first party. show me there as dedicated to the 360 as Sony and Nintendo are to there consoles. i don't know about anybody else but i could use a few more innovative exclusive ip, even on the PS3 which has them 10 fold to the competition IMO.

i'll put it like this. i have a friend that is only going to get a PS3 (although he says PS3 is the better console he's core 360) because of GOD of WAR. yes i'm talking about 1 game here. that makes not one lick of since to me to buy a $300.00 dollar machine for one game. as i've said before in many other post the only reason for me to get a 360 is because i am a GEAR head, but i won't buy the arcade model for just one game; that makes no since to me but i'm sure others can justify the purchase.

i'll say it again. wait till the fall holiday season comes, and then you'll see how bad it gets. its all about sales.

Well i thought the viewers were going to see my gamercard thats the reason i didn't bother to say i own both consoles. Funny story  before i bought my xbox i was having a hard time choosing what system to get either the ps3 or xbox, i liked the ps3  because i owned all the sony systems but i was getting a little bored with there line up of games, my choice was clear as soon as i played Gears of war at a friends house i knew what system to buy even tho it was one game.

xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:

funny how those same games didn't return right lol?

really? one game decided everything! while GEARS is an insane must own IP regardless of which console you own. resting my future on one game is not something possible for me i need a list (8 this gen, went up to 15 this gen and next gen 20, and they all have to be new and nothing familiar. so as you can see i'm not easily bought)of dedicated franchises that cater to my interest and only the console manufacture can truly provide that.

at the end of the day its about unrivaled support. heres my current count of IP's/franchises per console  that i either have or plan to get. (PS3) 15+ and counting, (360) 2, (Wii) 8.

that's crazy spending $300.000 for 1 game. so wht else did you get with your 360 and wht made you get a PS3 in the end?

put a smile on.

padib said:
I personally think the 360 controller is the best of the three in terms of traditional play. It fits my hands really well. It's a secondary factor for me too, but if I were in that position I probably would've chosen the same. But given my taste for certain exclusives that's a secondary thing for me. I'd probably buy multi-plats on the 360 though.

the original Xobox controler was to big even for my hands.

if it fills better ti works better i'd say, but i'm also a business major and can only say find a second party controler instead of buying another console just to play multiplatform games.

unless i was a share holder for both companies then i'd say more money for me lol.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:

funny how those same games didn't return right lol?

really? one game decided everything! while GEARS is an insane must own IP regardless of which console you own. resting my future on one game is not something possible for me i need a list (8 this gen, went up to 15 this gen and next gen 20, and they all have to be new and nothing familiar. so as you can see i'm not easily bought)of dedicated franchises that cater to my interest and only the console manufacture can truly provide that.

at the end of the day its about unrivaled support. heres my current count of IP's/franchises per console  that i either have or plan to get. (PS3) 15+ and counting, (360) 2, (Wii) 8.

that's crazy spending $300.000 for 1 game. so wht else did you get with your 360 and wht made you get a PS3 in the end?

put a smile on.

Lol funny gears brought me six years of entertainment i played nothing but gears until the player count started to drop = ( i also got Alan wake,Halo 3,Halo reach,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Left for dead 2,Metro 2033 and a couple of arcade games.My main reason to got the ps3 was because of killzone 2 and the blu ray = )