By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do sony fans hate the xbox more so than other console fans hate the competition??

fanboys look for reasons to bash the competition. reasons like no games, system hacked, rrod, ylod, crappy ports, sales.

which one of these have I listed have I seen/read the most on forums etc? I'd say sales. Which fans brag about sales the most? You guessed it. Little do they know the competition is selling faster.

see what I did there?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
wilco said:

The hardcore Sony fanboys are a strange bunch. Its actually very offputting. Not the fact that they hate on the xbox, its more about how blindly in love they are with sony.

I have both an xbox and a ps3 but I play my xbox more. There are really only 3 reasons for that. I prefer xbox controller, I prefer the user interface and I like gears of war. That is all. I have no allegiance to any brand. If those three features were transplanted to ps3 I would play ps3 more. I'm not in love with Microsoft in fact I hate microsoft, I just so happen to enjoy playing their video game system. If there are people who bash the ps3 it is more often a backlash against the rabid ps3 fanboys than a reaction from xbox fanboys. I know I myself and most xbox players are not in love with Microsoft enough to engage in flame wars for their sake but ps3 fanboys are absolutely head over heels for sony. Its pretty lame.

This is the same for PS and Xbox fans. Don't generalise an entire group of people just because of the few you've encountered.

xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

i was waiting to see an updated post from you in your thread.

you named some games you don't like on 360 but fail'd to name some ya do.

i'm a GEAR head for 360 and God of War is always a treat, but my sentral posting history is mostly for Sony. this thread got heated while you were gone.

i love the Gears series, halo, Alan wake,Pgr 3,Shadowrun,Mass effect,Metro 2033. i use to hate halo but now i love it.

i think i'm starting to find that same peace with HALO. HALO e seems to plat as well as REACH but as for the first 2 HALO'S i really didn't like them at all.

P.S. did you get the answer you seeked when starting this thread and wht did you learn/take from it?

I never played a Halo game until 3 but i finally started to like the game, i did get my answer, i learned a couple of things but most of the answers were mixed, any who i have both systems and i like them both. i never had a xbox until the 360, the game that got me hooked was gears of war 1.

yea i playd the original Xbox before i new about this stupid gamers console war and now i can't sleep without talking about this war, but the info is worth it i guse.

i tell ya wht i learned and thats the reason why i never enter a thread with a title like that. it was a toned down version of 2008.

i didn't want to make a thread to cause flaming or anything but i always see ps3 fans bashing the xbox console like the rrod and there few 1 party games and such.

1. The RROD argument is bullshit and nonsense only revolving around the crappy old 360 models. The new 360 is much better from my experience.

2. The gripe that not just PS3 gamers but the gaming media seems to have with Microsoft is their lack of core first party IP's. Gears is finished and Halo will not be enough for the 360 gamer (or is it really that easy to quench their thirst? If so...congrats to Microsoft for focusing on the casuals completely at E3)

I don't hate the xbox,and I have it as my secondary gaming system,but I just like the PS3 so much better. that is all sir.

wilco said:

The hardcore Sony fanboys are a strange bunch. Its actually very offputting. Not the fact that they hate on the xbox, its more about how blindly in love they are with sony.

I have both an xbox and a ps3 but I play my xbox more. There are really only 3 reasons for that. I prefer xbox controller, I prefer the user interface and I like gears of war. That is all. I have no allegiance to any brand. If those three features were transplanted to ps3 I would play ps3 more. I'm not in love with Microsoft in fact I hate microsoft, I just so happen to enjoy playing their video game system. If there are people who bash the ps3 it is more often a backlash against the rabid ps3 fanboys than a reaction from xbox fanboys. I know I myself and most xbox players are not in love with Microsoft enough to engage in flame wars for their sake but ps3 fanboys are absolutely head over heels for sony. Its pretty lame.

You know, I always found people very strange that are angry over other people being genuinely excited for sth.

Why would anyone care or even feel offended by that (if they stick to their forums and not actively try to troll others by going into the other forums to say "lololol thing X looks so much better than your thing Y" or shit like that - which ofc is sth some individuals do, but those are small minority) ?

Around the Network

sony fans tend to believe that only exclusives matter, especially the big number that sony keeps pumping out when compared to the smaller pool of exclusives microsoft produces.

some gamers, like myself need only a limited amount of exclusives, because there are a ton of multiplatform games worth buying

exclusives though are not the only factor when establishing a preference, controller, online, hardware quality, price are equally important

to sum up, bigger variety of exclusives coupled with a sense that because sony was dominating in the past, it must be the same now drives some sony fans on edge

add to that that most of them believe that microsoft is evil and only cares about profit(like ALL CORPORATIONS) and you might get an explanation of their actions

the above do not mean that there are not microsoft fans that troll and bash sony

ThePS3News said:
I personally never owned nor do i plan on getting a 360/xbox. I have nothing against the Xbox brand it just seems like the community and there style of games dont match what i normally like to play.

Anyways i dont hate the 360, I just dont like the company behind it. That being Microsoft.

As far as your question goes, Most PS3 fans like myself dont hate the 360. We just prefer to stay loyal to the brand we are use to. :)

Yes I think Xbox 360 Fans could perfectly live with your attitude, but when you Playstation Fanboys really have no interest at Xbox 360 than why they bash it? Why you mention the Xbox 360  all the time and name her games like Halo, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia or Fable as crap? If I really don't care about something I don't mention it .

The truth is that Playstation Fans would love to play games like Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, Gears of War, Fable or Halo plus the xbox 360 gets all the time superior versions of the best multi Games,  but PS3 Fanboys can't play this xbox exclusive games or this multi games in the best quality  so they develop jealousy and their response is to hate the Xbox 360 all the time.

Grandia said:
ThePS3News said:
I personally never owned nor do i plan on getting a 360/xbox. I have nothing against the Xbox brand it just seems like the community and there style of games dont match what i normally like to play.

Anyways i dont hate the 360, I just dont like the company behind it. That being Microsoft.

As far as your question goes, Most PS3 fans like myself dont hate the 360. We just prefer to stay loyal to the brand we are use to. :)

Yes I think Xbox 360 Fans could perfectly live with your attitude, but when you Playstation Fanboys really have no interest at Xbox 360 than why you bash it? Why you mention the Xbox 360  all the time and name her games like Halo, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia or Fable as crap? If I really don't care about something I don't mention it .

The truth is that Playstation Fans would love to play games like Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, Gears of War, Fable or Halo plus the xbox 360 gets all the time superior versions of the best multi Games,  but PS3 Fanboys can't play this xbox exclusive games or this multi games in the best quality  so they develop jealousy and their response is to hate the Xbox 360 all the time.

Why don't you ask the individuals who do so instead of asking "the Playstation Fanboys" huh?

This use of generalizations is just infuriating and makes the forum a shittier place, thank you.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

this is pointless. now your accusing someone of being a blind basher. its his sig he can put wht he wants in it as long as it doesn't violate site rules, and if you got a complaint check with Machina.

hey as a Nintendo fan i laugh at all things Nintnedo this gen as i see nothing worth the purchase of a Wii other then Legend of Zelda skiward sword.

did you look at the sig? it is blind bashing, and no I have no complaints, if you read my initial post I just commented implying that his statement didn't feel honnest because of his sig.

So you're a nintendo fan but don't appreciate SMG NSMBW MKW FireEmblem SmashBros... sounds more like a zelda fan only ;-p (unless you're a fan of portable nintendo which is fine too)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
RolStoppable said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

alot better then my 2 post in explanning the situation to bad it won't get read by many, but i rather enjoy'd it cause that seems to be the case from my following of this and several other sites.

its to bad the noobs don't know how much this site has changed. i mean not even the fan boys have much to say now.

this thread has gotten pointless even with some noob arguing with MUGEN about some other guy's banner in his sig.

Somebody who has signed up three years ago and posted close to 7k times doesn't really qualify as "noob" anymore.

ok he seems to be lacking brains then and his memory is bad.

Right... well it's seems that i'm the one waisting time there ^^. And what does this have to do with memory? (I must have forgoten something =) )

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO