By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anyone Going to See Captain America: First Avenger this Weekend?

When/Will you see Captain America: First Avenger?

Opening Weekend 9 40.91%

Sometime while its in Theatres 5 22.73%

When its out on Netflix or Rental 1 4.55%

NOPE, NEVER! 7 31.82%

Total:22

So, are any of you going to go see "Cap" this weekend? Or while its in theatres?

Around the Network

To be honest, nothing about this movie has wowed me, but I'll go this weekend simply because I'm a Marvel nerd and go see all their movies, even the bad ones (not that I expect it to be bad). Also this leads into the Avengers (I assume) which I'm much more interested in.

I will see it probably next weekend since i have to take my lil cousin to see Cars 2 tomorrow. :(

Already saw it early this week...fell asleep half way through until the final act which is one giant loud action sequence.

I'm so tired if incompetent bad guys and villains whose only motivation is to get "more power". Its just bad storytelling...

Mind you I know nothing about the comic and was judging it solely as a standalone movie. So if incompetent Nazi soldiers that can't shoot straight are part of this universe, movie is true to the source material.

Gamerace said:
To be honest, nothing about this movie has wowed me, but I'll go this weekend simply because I'm a Marvel nerd and go see all their movies, even the bad ones (not that I expect it to be bad). Also this leads into the Avengers (I assume) which I'm much more interested in.

I can understand you havn't seen anything that wowed you. The reviews are looking pretty good (not amazing, but also not bad either.) I think im more excited for this one than Thor...of course im a fairly big "Cap" fan so thats probably why.

From what I have heard it tells his origin story very well, and to have a super hero portrayed in World War 2 I think will be really cool and a new twist with super hero movies. Im glad they are finally doing a Captain America origin story. You will have to come back to this thread and let me know what you thought of the movie after you see it. I will be seeing it this weekend as well.

Around the Network
ThePS3News said:

I will see it probably next weekend since i have to take my lil cousin to see Cars 2 tomorrow. :(

Still that is a good franchise :). I think I like the first one better though.

disolitude said:

Already saw it early this week...fell asleep half way through until the final act which is one giant loud action sequence.

I'm so tired if incompetent bad guys and villains whose only motivation is to get "more power". Its just bad storytelling...

Mind you I know nothing about the comic and was judging it solely as a standalone movie. So if incompetent Nazi soldiers that can't shoot straight are part of this universe, movie is true to the source material.

Ya. that can get annoying, but its the truth for a lot of movies. It seems like they are juicy in the beginning and the end, but the middle is just "bad guy does something bad, Good guy says, 'hey i'm gonna get you!'," and then comes the finale which wakes you up. But I do agree that many times the "bad guy" in the movies always just wants "more power". It does get old.

At least the difference in this one is its a super hero during World War 2. Most of the time its in modern day for super hero movies. And ya it seems like a lot of movies make the "thugs of the villian" just really incompetent and idiotic.

They need to stop making superhero movies every single week. In other words, No I'm not going to watch it since it'll probably suck.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

probably, i loved the video game on nes so might as well go and see it, btw i know it will suck.. the person who's playing captain america looks silly wearing a costume,

ehhh no. but theres always next week lol.