By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 'Still a Pain in the Ass' for Developers

naruball said:
Cypher1980 said:
naruball said:
Hm, if it's so damn difficult to develop games for ps3, why are there so many multiplatform games? Especially low budget games? Casual games don't sell well on the ps3 and developes still make them, instead of sticking to wii and 360. Weird eh?
I can't think of many examples that ps3 is left out, other than the Black Eyed Peas game. Why port MJ: the experience to ps3? Look at its sales. Same with Dance on Boradway. Now they want to port Grease too. If the sales are low AND the development/port is a pain in the ass, why do they keep doing it?

Because its easy to develop badly for the PS3.

Dont care about the result then write for the Xbox 360 spend a week porting to PS3 using an automated multiplatform engine tool.

Hello downgraded textures, missing lighting effects and low frame rates with screen tearing every where.

Ultimately they do it because a week of extra DEV work for maybe 500,000 more sales to PS3 fans is money for old rope.

Never lose sight of the fact these companies are commercial operations.

The sales for the games I mentioned are abysmal for the ps3, so not even close to 500.00.

I've seen comparisons between multiplatform games (on lens of truth) and I really don't think there's a definite winner. I like some games more on 360 and others on ps3, but the difference is not that great. Only pc games look much better. In my mind the difference is so insignificant that it sounds ridiculous.

Given the amount of effort some DEVS put in sales over 10,000 sales would make hitting the AUTO PORT button worthwhile.

As for great differences, try playing any of the Assassins Creed games on the PS3. Its a terrible experience compared to the Xbox 360 version.

I readily concede some games look OK and some even run marginally better on the PS3, but as an owner of both consoles the 360 easily wins the multi plat battle.