By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Final Fantasy XIII-2 to be Playable at Comic-Con

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Torillian said:
selnor said:
Final fantasy is no longer a reason to get out of bed. Now mass effect 3. That is.

Understand you don't like the series, no need to comment about it in every thread on the subject.

I love the series but am butthurt over the demise of a great series. It hurts.

It's funny that you talk about the demise of a series, but hype up Mass Effect 3 in the process.

Have you played me3?

Based on how me2 had more role play elements than the first ( instead of what people think is role playing via stats ) then yeah I'm hyped. Me series has taken role play back to its original paper roots, where the role playing was exactly that. The stats were only used to determine a players role playing choices. Role playing was never about the stats at all.

So major props to mass effect. Bring on number 3. =D

Around the Network

What happened to the OP?

selnor said:

Have you played me3?

Based on how me2 had more role play elements than the first ( instead of what people think is role playing via stats ) then yeah I'm hyped. Me series has taken role play back to its original paper roots, where the role playing was exactly that. The stats were only used to determine a players role playing choices. Role playing was never about the stats at all.

So major props to mass effect. Bring on number 3. =D

I haven't played ME3, have you played FFXIII-2?

I know I've played both ME and ME2 to completion, which is enough for me to make my mind up. It's a role playing game, yeah, but the focus is now heavily based on the game being a TPS at the core. Oh, and it has no way more role playing game elements than ME1. It's lacking the stats, the loot, the exploration... Just for a start...

The character designs are shitty for ME3 so far too. James Vega is a prime example of this. Instead of giving us a new and cool alien race, they give us a typical big gym freak human with a neck tattoo. Yey. Even better, let's give him a cool name straight from a dudebro generator! Max Power? Nah. Dom Flamestriker? Nahh... JAMES VEGA! Yeaaaaaaaaaah!

Ashley's character change... Here for ME1 - Here for ME3

James Vega looks like he should be in Jersey Shore. Example Here and Here.
___

Another thing. The actual characters of ME2 were, honestly, pathetic. Stealing a couple of posts from GAF here, but it explains it perfectly.

Mass Effect 1 Characters -

Wrex - Mercenary from a race of space warriors.
Garrus - C-Sec officer. Sort of a Turian "Dirty Harry".
Tali - An earnest young Quarian on her pilgrimage. Just wants to help out.
Liara - Asari researcher and plot integral. Actual mummy issue!
Ashley - Female racist Alliance soldier that loves poetry.
Kaidan - Male Alliance soldier. Boring as hell.

Mass Effect 2 Characters -

Jacob - the most normal. Few daddy issues.
Miranda - amoral genetic Cerberus experiment that uses her sex as a weapon. Daddy issues.
Garrus - from regular police cop to Space Batman, terrorising thugs on the stations as Archangel and getting a "wicked cool" scar in the process. Out for revenge. No daddy issues!
Grunt - "I want to kill people" - Daddy issues
Thane - ninja assassin haunted by non-stop flashbacks. Is the daddy issue
Samara - interstellar version of the Punisher. Will kill innocents if her code demands it. Is the mummy issue
Samara's daughter - nymphomaniac serial killer. Has mummy issues
Tali - normal. Thank God. Daddy issues
Mordin - mad scientist. No daddy issues!
Jack - do I even need to say anything? Just issues
Legion - member of the Borg, sorry, Geth. lolwut
Zaeed - psycho merc. No issues, pathetic character.
Kasumi - Bank robber

Says it all. They try going one step too far and added a mummy/daddy issue for almost every character, just to make it that much more, well, cliché.

They went from great, sleek 70's Sci-Fi influenced armors and stuff straight into the 00's Space Marine Dudebro influenced stuff. James Vega is a prime example of this really. Oh, and Ashley new makeover is shit too. She has a skirt. For armor. In space. Yeah, a skirt. And High heels. Also given a nose job.

Mass Effect was a rare RPG gem. It had many flaws, but it was great. It had great characters and great gameplay. It had loot, it had plenty of equipment, it had a terrific art style, it had exploration... It was simply great.

Mass Effect 2 tried to be a Gears of War/Mass Effect hybrid.

Hopefully they keep to what they said with ME3, and make it more RPG again than TPS. ME2 was a great game, but it's just really upsetting.

Anyway. I'm done on that. I think I wrote a big enough rant. Rant over.