By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions on the future of the consoles: Ben Heckendorn's take

Incidentally, Ben Heckendorn did do a Wii laptop of sorts a while back. It did in fact eliminate the sensor bar, but it also used a tiny screen. Really tiny. A lot of people were disappointed with that aspect of it, I seem to recall. I'd post a link, but his site is currently a lagging mess, and his archives don't always organize things logically. Apologies.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
He is definitely a "hardcore" gamer.

Are we talking about his gaming habits or the density of his skull?

Sometimes, I just gotta fire off a cheap shot. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Sky Render said:
Incidentally, Ben Heckendorn did do a Wii laptop of sorts a while back. It did in fact eliminate the sensor bar, but it also used a tiny screen. Really tiny. A lot of people were disappointed with that aspect of it, I seem to recall. I'd post a link, but his site is currently a lagging mess, and his archives don't always organize things logically. Apologies.

I had forgotten about that but I was pretty dissapointed. Compared to his other projects it wasn't much of a mod. I was expecting something in the spirit of the 2600 portable. I guess we will have to wait for the price to go down for him to find a way to ditch the disc drive, and chop the motherboard. 

The 360 laptop was a great technical feat, I was not trying to take away from that, just that he had regularly proved what was possible with portable gaming.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt