By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

M.U.G.E.N said:
"July 14, 2011
Nintendo News
Zelda Finishes No. 2 After Only 11 Days on the Market

After less than two weeks on store shelves, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D for the Nintendo 3DS™ portable entertainment system finished the month as the No. 2 best-selling video game on an individual platform, with more than 283,000 units sold, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

Other highlights from the month include:

Nintendo sold more than 800,000 combined hardware units in June. This includes 386,000 units of the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, 273,000 Wii™ systems and 143,000 Nintendo 3DS systems. Each product line saw double-digit growth over the previous month, and the lifetime U.S. installed base for the Wii system crossed 36 million units.

Five of the top 10 and 13 of the top 25 best-selling individual software titles play on Nintendo platforms.

This holiday season, Nintendo will offer something for everyone with fan-favorite titles including Super Mario™, Mario Kart™, Kid Icarus™: Uprising, Star Fox 64™ 3D and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword."

so, so far we have...

360 and DS massively under tracked

wii massively overtracked

3DS and ps3 slightly undertracked

...bad month.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Carl2291 said:
thx1139 said:
OK since no one offered it how about this.

They buy a PC get a 360 deal for students. I took advantage of this deal.

I saw this posted on GAF but didn't bother posting it here, nobody knows if they are counted by NPD or not... It's likely that they aren't anyway.

Well it does end up on the receipt, so it should go through as a sale.  

And the 360 on the receipt was not $0.00.  I believe the 360 rang up at $150 and the other $50 was reduced on the PC.

And this deal continues into September.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Carl2291 said:

I love GAF. Really.

I might get banned for posting this, but I don't give a shit. It's worth it.

Is that a nex gen board? The graphics look shinier.

Heard Infamous 2 was number 1 in individual Sku! Wow Killzone 3 or LBP 2 couldn't even do that.

"June NPD sales for Shadows of the Damned are pathetic. You can forget about a sequel. Alice: Madness Returns did much, much better, however."

http://twitter.com/jimreilly/statuses/91663231566872576

Around the Network

I undertood now... there are free 360 with laptop purchase ... AMAZING anyway.

Carl2291 said:

I love GAF. Really.

I might get banned for posting this, but I don't give a shit. It's worth it.

oooo, colored chalk much prettier than the ps3 one.  innovation in trolling at its best!

is PS3+Wii=510k(52%)?

didn't you have to provide student id on the laptop/360 deal?

Just want to play good games

I like how on the board, you can see the PS3 saving stuff under the 3DS stuff.

Just awesome. I love NPD threads.

Also, PS3 outsold Wii and didn't sell less than 140k. I'm surprised.

Edit: Also, DS selling almost 400k is amazing.