By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

"July 14, 2011
Nintendo News
Zelda Finishes No. 2 After Only 11 Days on the Market

After less than two weeks on store shelves, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D for the Nintendo 3DS™ portable entertainment system finished the month as the No. 2 best-selling video game on an individual platform, with more than 283,000 units sold, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

Other highlights from the month include:

Nintendo sold more than 800,000 combined hardware units in June. This includes 386,000 units of the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, 273,000 Wii™ systems and 143,000 Nintendo 3DS systems. Each product line saw double-digit growth over the previous month, and the lifetime U.S. installed base for the Wii system crossed 36 million units.

Five of the top 10 and 13 of the top 25 best-selling individual software titles play on Nintendo platforms.

This holiday season, Nintendo will offer something for everyone with fan-favorite titles including Super Mario™, Mario Kart™, Kid Icarus™: Uprising, Star Fox 64™ 3D and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword."

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
That student thing started in May. If it was for that we would of seen a bigger boost then too wouldn't have we?

This

Plus I don't see hordes of students storming stores to spend 600$ even if it means free X360. 600$ is still 600$.

Seece said:

How many PS3's do you think have been sold with Braviers over the years Carl?

There's been deals all over the world with them, so I would guess at it being like 100/150k over the Years maybe? 

I have no idea. Probably very wrong.

273k for Wii, so around 276k for PS3?

273k Wii's.

We had it at over 400k.

Now, for Sony... Or can someone do some crazy maths and figure out the total?

Around the Network
Seece said:
273k for Wii, so around 276k for PS3?

Seems like... PS3 and Wii almost tied... 360 48%.

Carl2291 said:
273k Wii's.

We had it at over 400k.

Now, for Sony... Or can someone do some crazy maths and figure out the total?

I believe in Source, 100k would be my guess

>_>

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

PS3 over Wii. Wii didn't do shit even with the price cut. Still got outsold by PS3 in it's worst region

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

How many PS3's do you think have been sold with Braviers over the years Carl?

There's been deals all over the world with them, so I would guess at it being like 100/150k over the Years maybe? 

I have no idea. Probably very wrong.

yeah 10k per month is likely

I love GAF. Really.

I might get banned for posting this, but I don't give a shit. It's worth it.