By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much longer will Home be in Beta?

Why the heck do they still say Home is in beta right now? Are they claiming its in beta because they want an excuse for letting people down on a cool concept? Are the resources not there ATM to do a speedy job? Has part of google rubbed off on Sony? Seriously, has sony released any info as to when it will be finished? I must know these things. :(

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

until they start charging you for it

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Gmail was in beta for a while.

well.... they original plan in 2007 was:

Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
Service Live (50,000+): October

I don't think they made it...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I think it will always be a BETA on ps3 maybe on the ps4 it will be the final product

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Doesn't say beta anywhere for me anymore, I noticed while looking at the free stuff they gave away for welcome back package.

Hey, are they still giving away that free stuff?  I went online when PSN came back up but it was before the welcome back program kicked off.  I actually had a good time wasting time on Home.  I planned to go back but I never did.  I may go Home again someday and if I do, I'd like to spruce up my character and their home, a bit.  Is this the first time I ever used the word "spruce"?  I think it is!

Got my hands on all of those free stuff. Still, many people feel like Sony just isn't doing enough for home.

In addition, does anyone with a Japan home account know if there was free home stuff there?

Home has been out of Beta since last year...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
Home has been out of Beta since last year...

Nope. It still clearly says beta as you load it up. Go ahead and try it.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I'm at work right now, so I can't but I'm 80% sure the Beta sign hasn't been there since November...perhaps maybe it's just he EU home...not sure if that makes any difference because I stopped going to other region's Home early last Year.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?