By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii Reach 100M

Aww.. I was hoping to see CaptainObvious say: "When it sells 100 million consoles!!"

Around the Network

Going off of Nintendo's projection for shipments to reach 99 million by next march I'll say sell through should reach 100 million either in late Q2 or early Q3 in calendar year 2012.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

superchunk said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Surely before the end of 2012, unless Ninty decides to definitively kill it stopping production before it reaches that goal. If Ninty supports it, it could still reach 120-130M before its end of life.

They won't kill production before 2015. It'll keep selling a few million each year just like PS2 for awhile.

In this case more than 120M lifetime should be quite sure.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

March 2012 is my guess

NEVER

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Will be quite a achievement, First Nintendo console to hit 100M and 39M gap between 1st and 2nd.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Stop ruining these threads Nintendogamer, nobody cares for your annoying pessimism. Least of all having the nerve to correct others predictions when yours are so god awful.

I predict In Q3 2012, Q2 if Nintendo have correctly forecast thsi time.

Seece said:
Stop ruining these threads Nintendogamer, nobody cares for your annoying pessimism. Least of all having the nerve to correct others predictions when yours are so god awful.

If someone else did the same you wouldn't care but since it's me your hot under the collar :S

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:

If someone else did the same you wouldn't care but since it's me your hot in the collar :S

Noone else ever does do it though. Loads of people here get annoyed with your posts (especially nintendo fans)

I don't get your reasoning for it? Just want to feel sorry for yourself? But you're not Nintendo so why should you 0_o You know your predictions are awful but you just keep trying to wind people up.

Actually yeah, i think that's why you do it.

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:

If someone else did the same you wouldn't care but since it's me your hot in the collar :S

Noone else ever does do it though. Loads of people here get annoyed with your posts (especially nintendo fans)

I don't get your reasoning for it? Just want to feel sorry for yourself? But you're not Nintendo so why should you 0_o You know your predictions are awful but you just keep trying to wind people up.

Actually yeah, i think that's why you do it.

Or it's possible that naturally like that,  Some of my preds have been on or way over too.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d