200 + 18 7.83%

Don't Know / See Results 44 19.13%

Total:230

got 104 from an online test just now

Around the Network

According to that test anyway.

Signature goes here!

I have forest-gump levels

Well, I guess I should be happy it's still similar to the ones I used to take when I was a kid. Shows I may not have chose the worst of tests back then. That said, I don't really believe these tests are accurate... But then again, I suppose they do give a good general direction.

Personally I thought this test wasn't that good. If the first question is based on geographical knowledge, it can't be a very good test.

156 by doing it normally
102 by putting the first answer in all question
93 by putting the last answer in all question

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Fun note. Internet IQ tests ALWAYS overtest you.

Why? It's easier to get money from someone calling you call a genius then it is to get money from someone you are calling a dumb ass.

I had an official IQ taken through the Doctors and i got a certificate and everything. It was 135.

silicon said:
Didnt they say IQ tests aren't a measure of intelligence just a measure of how hard you want to try to get a high score?

Not really, though you can study for them.

Once you take an IQ test once or twice your almost definitly going to improve your score.

Since IQ tests generally test how you think... and by taking the tests a couple times it teaches you to think that way on those tests.

What's important to note is that Intellegence as measured by IQ tests doesn't = Being Smart.

IQ tests = your ability to learn things quickly

All a high IQ means is that it's easier for you to learn stuff, not that you are smarter.

In essense, you can be lazier and learn things easier.  Which if you fall into the "high middleground" area for IQ can actually be bad, because you don't develop needed study habits for when you get to your college level stuff.

It's not so much a thing that you should feel proud about, but really, just pressure.  Cause if you don't succeed it's your own damn fault.

Oh and for what it's worth, I believe the Stanford Binet test we took in a Psychology class put me at 136...

With my Spatial Reasoning being a big drag on the score.

Which isn't personally surprising since I was reading and doing Math problems before I entered any schooling.

Of course, i've done nothing with such an IQ so who really cares.

Kasz216 said:
Fun note. Internet IQ tests ALWAYS overtest you.

Why? It's easier to get money from someone calling you call a genius then it is to get money from someone you are calling a dumb ass.

Well, I think it is (at least in part) due to the limitations of the format ...

No matter how smart someone is or how much they know they're likely going to get questions they should be able to answer correctly wrong a certain percentage of the time; at the same time, regardless of how "dumb" someone is, simply due to random chance they should be able to answer a certain percentage of questions correctly. If you're trying to accurately test someone you're going to have multiple questions that test the same abilities at a similar level so you can determine whether they're answers reflect understanding or chance. If you're testing multiple abilities, each with multiple levels of difficulty, and then each with multiple variations to ensure accurate testing, you would need far more than a couple dozen questions.