By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How is the Playstation Move more Accurate than the Wii motion plus?

I have had no hands on time with the move at all but with all my motion plus time, I can see how something would be as accurate as M+, but not more accurate. I understand you can use the Move at a farther distance from the TV than the M+. That's good. There are also games that you use 2 Moves instead of a Move & a nav controller. This will be more accurate than A wiimote and Nunchuk but I doubt it would be more accurate than 2 M+s. So I'm asking now how the move is more accurate and what games I would have to play to experience this.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

It's not much different to a Wii motion plus.

Some people just want to believe it's better.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Because it's only on PS3! PLAY B3YOND!

same thing... boring

yes move is more accurate.

nintendo uses software tricks and assumptions about how you are "supposed" to be moving to make it feel more accurate than it really is. if you are playing something like wii sports resort it is really easy to fool the game and thus easy to demonstrate how motion plus is not actually all that accurate.

move (and also kinect) use camera technology so the hardware can't be fooled. this is why frisbee golf on wii sports resort is a joke but on sports champions a real challenge. sports champions forces you to be honest.  as a competitive gamer, my will to win trumps my will to be honest hence why i can't enjoy the wii sports version.

Around the Network

Its not different. But there are only -1 WM plus games

kitler53 said:

nintendo uses software tricks and assumptions about how you are "supposed" to be moving to make it feel more accurate than it really is. if you are playing something like wii sports resort it is really easy to fool the game and thus easy to demonstrate how motion plus is not actually all that accurate.

move (and also kinect) use camera technology so the hardware can't be fooled. this is why frisbee golf on wii sports resort is a joke but on sports champions a real challenge. sports champions forces you to be honest.  as a competitive gamer, my will to win trumps my will to be honest hence why i can't enjoy the wii sports version.

pretty much this, but its not that different, also i find the FPSs to be a little better, the camera does a better job of tracking on Move so i dont have to make much adjustments to get it toperform the way i want. Contrast that to FPSs on Wii and ive had to have made quire a few adjustmets.

i find it funny how people downplay Move but dont have one or even played it. I have both, they are both good, just wish M+ had half the support Move has, hell even Kinect

Augmented reality also provides experiences on Move that cant be done on Wii

wm+ can only measure your distance to the tv when you're pointing at the sensor bar, move can always tell the distance by the size of the ball in camera view. Move recalibrates continuously as long as the ball is in view. If not it will still work for a while but slowly start to drift.

Tumble can't be done with wm+. You can reach around and grab blocks from behind with the move, pointing the laser pointer at the camera, something that does not work with wm+. But that's about the only game atm where it really makes a difference.

Minor differences are noticeable in sports champions. Table tennis takes your distance and position to the table into account in gold and platinum difficulty. wm+ doesn't know where you are in the room.

wm actually has a better pointer, no plus required, as long as the wm has a good view of the sensor bar. Move can drift a little even with the camera correcting while wm always has a stable reference point. Pointing/shooting with your hand resting on your leg works better with wm. The minor movements are not enough to keep the move pointer completely stable.

To sum up:

WM+ measures 3d movement, orientation and distance to tv when pointing at the tv, doesn't know where the wm is in the room

Move measures 3d movement, orientation and position with continous recalibration

Both severely lack games that really make use of their capabilities :(

Instead of 1:1 it's like 1.687:1.

oniyide said:
kitler53 said:

pretty much this, but its not that different, also i find the FPSs to be a little better, the camera does a better job of tracking on Move so i dont have to make much adjustments to get it toperform the way i want. Contrast that to FPSs on Wii and ive had to have made quire a few adjustmets.

i find it funny how people downplay Move but dont have one or even played it. I have both, they are both good, just wish M+ had half the support Move has, hell even Kinect

Augmented reality also provides experiences on Move that cant be done on Wii

Yeah but none of them are as good as Hide n Hunt on Wii Party which can't be done on Move.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!